Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HyperZboy

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2007
Interesting. Could it be a localization-related issue?

I have absolutely no proof of this, but based on my experience, having 3 different Yosemite installs and not reporting the same bugs on all 3, I'm almost thinking that Apple sent me different versions of the same build specific to my problem. I know they say they don't do that, but I can't think of any explanation for me getting different results on what is supposed to be the same build on 3 different installs. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but Apple did respond to me directly about one bug on one Yosemite built. That's what leads me to believe this.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I'm almost thinking that Apple sent me different versions of the same build specific to my problem. I know they say they don't do that, but I can't think of any explanation for me getting different results on what is supposed to be the same build on 3 different installs. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but Apple did respond to me directly about one bug on one Yosemite built. That's what leads me to believe this.
They definitely do not send you a particular build; there is no mechanism to correlate a bug report with a specific computer via Software Update. The differing results are due to software or hardware differences in your various computers.

HyperZboy

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2007
They definitely do not send you a particular build; there is no mechanism to correlate a bug report with a specific computer via Software Update. The differing results are due to software or hardware differences in your various computers.

One is an exact clone of the other yet I got different results.

The third is based an install with nothing transferred including MAIL, settings. Totally from scratch.

Obviously I'm going to have to do a 2nd install if possible, but how is that possible with a beta?

HyperZboy

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2007
One is an exact clone of the other yet I got different results.

The third is based an install with nothing transferred including MAIL, settings. Totally from scratch.

Obviously I'm going to have to do a 2nd install if possible, but how is that possible with a beta?

UPDATE: I got an immediate response for more info on this security login problem from Apple, so I'm very happy that they're interested in why or how this could happen.

Thank You Apple.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

Install whichever released 10.10.x full installer you have, then run the prerelease configuration utility, then run Software Update.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
There was any announcement about 10.10.3 today. :(

If iOS 8.2 contains security updates, 10.10.3 will need to follow very quickly.

Edit: Looks like 10.10.2 will get a security update but not 10.10.3 today.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.