Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second public beta of an upcoming macOS Sonoma 14.1 update, allowing non-developers to test out the software ahead of its release. The second public beta comes a week after the first public beta.

macos-sonoma-4.jpg

Beta testers can opt-in through the Software Update section of the System Settings app. Under Beta updates, simply toggle on the Sonoma Public Beta. Note that you must sign up to participate on Apple's beta testing website.

macOS Sonoma 14.1 includes updates for the Music app, introducing an option to favorite songs, albums, artists, and more, along with a new section for checking AppleCare+ coverage. No other major new additions have been found in the betas as of yet, but we could see more features added as testing progresses.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Public Beta of macOS Sonoma 14.1

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

kunze50

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Nelson, BC
Can anyone confirm is a toggle to disable the CAPS lock indicator exists? Using a VM centers the indicator in the window and is getting very annoying to work around..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 11.45.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 11.45.33 AM.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 50

fstoprm

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2021
Sonoma not saving screenshots to desktop is very frustrating, as I use them for support w/clients... 🤬 They show in lower right for about 2 seconds, and then gone...

• Wow
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

NewOldStock

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2023
"ScreenShot Not saving"====Still happening random to me too. I save to external Nvme SSD and it works fine most of the time but every now and then it saves nothing no matter what drive or where you try to save it. So I have to always check to make sure the screenshots are always saved. Plugged in-- re plugged in --restart check for basic up dates and all random.
I don't use screenshot that often but you can snap and snap and snap and try to save several places and it acts like it is working ok. No indications otherwise that it is not working. Sonoma 14.3 (23D56)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.