Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the seventh beta of an upcoming watchOS 3.2 update to developers for testing purposes, less than one week after seeding the sixth watchOS 3.2 beta and nearly two months after the release of watchOS 3.1.3, the current public version of the operating system.

The watchOS 3.2 beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update after installing the proper configuration profile on the iPhone. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone.

watchOS 3.2 requires an iPhone running iOS 10 to install and will only be available to developers. Apple does not make watchOS betas available to the public as there is no way to downgrade the software on an Apple Watch.

watchOS 3.2 includes a "Theater Mode" designed to let customers quickly mute the sound on the Apple Watch and disable Raise to Wake, preventing the screen from lighting up with arm movement.

Customers are still able to receive haptic feedback-based notifications, and information can be viewed by either tapping the screen or pressing down on the Digital Crown.

watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing customers to ask Siri to do things like send messages, send payments, book a ride, log a workout, make a call, or search through photos. SiriKit has been available on iOS devices since the release of iOS 10, but is new to the Apple Watch.

With seven betas now having been seeded to developers, we are likely close to a public release. watchOS 3.2 may see an official launch within the next few weeks.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Seventh Beta of watchOS 3.2 to Developers

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Anyone have an idea on when the GM will drop?
I think most would have said this week but it's hard to say at the moment since no formal announcement of new products have been sent. I personally would say this week or next for GM but I haven't tested this beta yet. I did file 3 bug reports noted from betas 6 & 7. I'm hoping they are finally fixed in beta 8, had to do with notifications being lost between devices. That's all I've seen being an issue lately, others might have seen other problems. To me these were a bit big, don't want to miss notifications.

Last edited:
Comment

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Hmm... I was kind of hoping for the release version coming this week. I've just upgraded from a Sport to a Series 2 (loving the extra speed and battery life!) but as my Sport is running the beta and you can't downgrade I can't sell it on until 3.2 is released or whoever buys it will have to be running the iOS 10.3 beta to get it to pair.

Comment

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing customers to ask Siri to do things like send messages, send payments, book a ride, log a workout, make a call, or search through photos.
I thought Siri on Apple Watch could already make calls, send messages and log workouts. Or is this related to third-party apps that use VoIP calls, instant messaging, and track exercise?

Reactions: xDKP
Comment

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
I thought Siri on Apple Watch could already make calls, send messages and log workouts. Or is this related to third-party apps that use VoIP calls, instant messaging, and track exercise?

Actually, that is a poorly written paragraph. It should say "watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing developers to add the ability for customers to ask Siri to do things like..."

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Sixth beta was the smoothest version of WatchOS ever for the series 0. So far so good with beta 7. Never see frame rate drops anymore. Feels like a series 2.

That's really good to hear. I'm ready for the public release. Should be soon.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.