Apple Seeds Seventh Beta of watchOS 3.2 to Developers

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the seventh beta of an upcoming watchOS 3.2 update to developers for testing purposes, less than one week after seeding the sixth watchOS 3.2 beta and nearly two months after the release of watchOS 3.1.3, the current public version of the operating system.

The watchOS 3.2 beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update after installing the proper configuration profile on the iPhone. To install the update, the Apple Watch must have 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the iPhone.

watchOS 3.2 requires an iPhone running iOS 10 to install and will only be available to developers. Apple does not make watchOS betas available to the public as there is no way to downgrade the software on an Apple Watch.

watchOS 3.2 includes a "Theater Mode" designed to let customers quickly mute the sound on the Apple Watch and disable Raise to Wake, preventing the screen from lighting up with arm movement.

Customers are still able to receive haptic feedback-based notifications, and information can be viewed by either tapping the screen or pressing down on the Digital Crown.

watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing customers to ask Siri to do things like send messages, send payments, book a ride, log a workout, make a call, or search through photos. SiriKit has been available on iOS devices since the release of iOS 10, but is new to the Apple Watch.

With seven betas now having been seeded to developers, we are likely close to a public release. watchOS 3.2 may see an official launch within the next few weeks.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Seventh Beta of watchOS 3.2 to Developers

2. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Anyone have an idea on when the GM will drop?

3. Camato macrumors member

I hope they will add the Scribble feature to more languages.

Please, do german Apple ;)

4. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

How would anyone here know?

5. tkukoc, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I think most would have said this week but it's hard to say at the moment since no formal announcement of new products have been sent. I personally would say this week or next for GM but I haven't tested this beta yet. I did file 3 bug reports noted from betas 6 & 7. I'm hoping they are finally fixed in beta 8, had to do with notifications being lost between devices. That's all I've seen being an issue lately, others might have seen other problems. To me these were a bit big, don't want to miss notifications.

6. DaveMcM76 macrumors regular

Hmm... I was kind of hoping for the release version coming this week. I've just upgraded from a Sport to a Series 2 (loving the extra speed and battery life!) but as my Sport is running the beta and you can't downgrade I can't sell it on until 3.2 is released or whoever buys it will have to be running the iOS 10.3 beta to get it to pair.

7. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I thought Siri on Apple Watch could already make calls, send messages and log workouts. Or is this related to third-party apps that use VoIP calls, instant messaging, and track exercise?

8. kissmo macrumors 6502

I know!
    It will be released when they consider it's ready.

Sounds good? :))

Lame joke... I know...

9. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

He Was just asking if anybody had any idea, he wasn't asking for a definitive answer. However I would assume the golden master is relatively soon, perhaps in the next week or so.

10. Nunyabinez macrumors 65816

Nunyabinez

Actually, that is a poorly written paragraph. It should say "watchOS 3.2 also brings SiriKit to the Apple Watch, allowing developers to add the ability for customers to ask Siri to do things like..."

11. rturner2 macrumors 6502

oh look a "theater mode" but can't sync more then 1 music playlist #fail

12. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Sixth beta was the smoothest version of WatchOS ever for the series 0. So far so good with beta 7. Never see frame rate drops anymore. Feels like a series 2.

13. Relentless Power macrumors 604

Relentless Power

That's really good to hear. I'm ready for the public release. Should be soon.