Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 18, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the sixth beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the fifth macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta and two months after releasing macOS Mojave 10.14.3.

The new macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after the proper profile has been installed from Apple's Developer Center.

[​IMG]

macOS Mojave 10.14.4 brings Apple News to Canada for the first time, allowing Canadian Mac users to access news stories in French, English, or both.

The update also includes support for Safari AutoFill using Touch ID and automatic dark mode themes in Safari. That means if you have Dark Mode enabled, when you visit a website that has an option for a dark theme, it will be activated automatically. You can see a demo of the feature here.

We're expecting Apple to release macOS Mojave 10.14.4 alongside iOS 12.2, tvOS 12.2, and watchOS 5.2 following the company's services-focused March 25 event.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

2. Scary Spice macrumors 6502

Scary Spice

Nothing here yet...

[EDIT] Here now!!!!!

3. socialwill macrumors member

The last big update before we learn about 10.15...unless they move to a new number...say...11.0 :)

4. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I dread 15. Something tells me that there a tons of random bits and pieces of 32 bit parts of apps all over the place that will just stop working.

5. JetTester macrumors 6502

6. mikeboss macrumors 65816

mikeboss

7. Aldaris, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019

Aldaris macrumors 68000

Aldaris

Automator is one of them or at least popped up with a “developer needs to update app to work with future versions of macOS”

8. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I have a lot of 64 bit apps or app components that still get that message in parts like internal updaters, or installers, or preference panels or whatever. For instance crossover. It is 64 bit, but has buried 32 bit code and isn't compatible. many will eventually get updates but many will never. just going to be a pain to sort it all out and find other ways of doing certain things.

9. lunarworks macrumors 68000

We'd be hearing rumbles of something major if that were happening, you don't move up a major digit after 18 years on a whim, so it's unlikely, but changing the name from OS X to macOS certainly allows for that.

10. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Just had a bug in the previous beta, I was disconnecting a VPN connection and at that very moment I got notifications (4 of them on a partitioned external disk) that my disks were improperly ejected, the weird part is that the disk was still flashing, TimeMachine was making a backup, disks vanished from the desktop, later on I checked again and they reappeared on the Desktop, so they where not actually ejected.

11. socialwill macrumors member

True. Last year we hear rumors of some bigger UI changes for both iOS and macOS that got moved to this update so I am still curious if this is the current thinking?

12. lunarworks macrumors 68000

Aside from Marzipan and the dropping of 32-bit, there hasn't been much on the next release of macOS.

13. Gogeta-Blue, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019

Gogeta-Blue Suspended

Gogeta-Blue

they had the chance and they blew it, they can have iOS and Mac OS in the same number
    but apple decide just to keep increasing the last # instead of upgrading the # 10 to 11
    I think there is no point now even if they do it
    because iOS # Mac OS won't be sync
    but I do agree with you
    apple should have get rid of that # 10 a few years ago
    they had their chance when they removed the X
    windows is 10 so Mac OS should be 11 but I don't know apple is thinking lately
    oh wait I do know,
    higher prices and emojis

:D

regards

14. martyjmclean macrumors 6502

martyjmclean

You do realise version numbers serve a purpose? The base OS has stayed the same, there’s no need to go from macOS 10 to macOS 11.

15. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Might be last beta as the official release will be before the end of the month.

16. DuncanGarp macrumors regular

DuncanGarp

Installed (or upgraded) to 10.14.4 Developer Beta 6.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 12.38.19 PM copy.png

Speculation is the GM version for 10.14.4 is coming out on March 25th, during the Apple Event scheduled that day.

17. Gogeta-Blue, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019

Gogeta-Blue Suspended

Gogeta-Blue

yes thank you I'm aware of that but if would it be nice just for simplicity and also to have both iOS and Mac in the version number, just like everything else, some agree and others disagree , no problem with that
    everybody have different taste and opinions
    but in therms of performance it doesn't make any difference , so apple changing the number now is really useless at this point

actually if I remember correctly I think it was Mac OS first then they changed to Mac OS X then they changed again to Mac OS
    well something like that

so it really hasn't been the same always or all the time
    we will get to a point that they eventually will have to change something
    just like they did when they decided to remove the X

just to put the same X few years later on the iPhone
    apple, apple my dear apple what a disaster

there are some people that like things to be organize and keep a nice sequence
    you can't really blame apple for jumping iPhone 9
    because Microsoft did the same with windows 9
    I wonder what the deal is with number 9

maybe windows ate nine

:D

anyway, later

regards