Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the sixth beta of an upcoming macOS Sierra 10.12.6 update to developers and public beta testers, one week after seeding the fifth beta and more than a month after releasing macOS Sierra 10.12.5, a minor bug fix update.

The sixth beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 can be downloaded through the Apple Developer Center or through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

10.12.6-beta-800x500.jpg

We didn't find any significant feature changes, design tweaks, or notable bug fixes in the first five macOS Sierra betas, and because Apple does not provide beta release notes, we may not know what's included in the update until it sees a public release.

macOS Sierra 10.12.6 is likely to be one of the final updates to the Sierra operating system as Apple transitions to macOS High Sierra, which was introduced at the Worldwide Developers Conference in June.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 to Developers and Public Beta Testers

jscooper22

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Hope they release it soon. I have a 2017 MBP that I ordered pre-WWDC but was held up until after and now my image won't install on it and they won't release the build it needs as an update for existing/earlier machines. Infuriating.

Comment

BaltimoreMediaBlog

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2015
DC / Baltimore / Northeast
I wish they would fix the inadvertent 2 finger swipe in Sahara that never occurred in El Capitan or earlier. I know I didn't just start using my Magic Mouse differently all of a sudden. Any time 2 fingers touch the mouse, the screen disappears without even swiping. I've reported it, but I guess they think it's a silly report. But I cannot imagine what I'm doing differently just from this change.

Comment

MrGuder

macrumors 68030
Nov 30, 2012
I did, too. IMHO, stupid of Apple to not give 10.13 a different name than High Sierra, as people will easily confuse it with Sierra.
My personal opinion is because High Sierra will sorta be like a testing phase for Apple and its customers using all the supporting systems that High Sierra will work on. It gives them a year to fully test it out with Safari and all the coding and video enhancements.

If for some reason High Sierra doesn't go well then by next year they will assign a new name to the operating system and any negativity associated with High Sierra won't be associated with the new operating system name next fall.

Comment

asiga

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
It's final: the impatience for High Sierra (nobody asks for a rock solid 10.12.6, it's only gimme High Sierra, gimme High Sierra,... ) shows that Apple has changed because the users have changed. Sigh.

Comment

iamtheonlyone4ever

Suspended
May 27, 2016
I did, too. IMHO, stupid of Apple to not give 10.13 a different name than High Sierra, as people will easily confuse it with Sierra.
leopard / snow leopard
lion / mountain lion
so i guess you know where i'm going with this
sierra / high sierra

it happens before that's why it happened again
[doublepost=1499323762][/doublepost]
I think this is pretty much guaranteed to be the last beta of 10.12.6. Although I could be wrong.
1 seen beta 7 and beta 8 max some times, the question is will sierra hit 10.12.7 :D
[doublepost=1499324048][/doublepost]
Considering how things are going so badly with the High Sierra (I never tested a Mac OS beta so bad like this one) I think the next name will be Death Valley :D
well i actually like that name , i can put the undertaker wallpaper in death valley mac os

Last edited:
Reactions: Ener Ji
Comment

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
Reactions: antmarobel
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.