Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hanzS

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
One of my USB-C ports on my 2018 MBP stopped working after installing this beta. I've tried everything I can find online to try to restore it. Does anyone else have this issue?

mr_hyde

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2018
Italy
One of my USB-C ports on my 2018 MBP stopped working after installing this beta. I've tried everything I can find online to try to restore it. Does anyone else have this issue?

I had the same issue with my Mac Mini 2018: after the first reboot my 2nd monitor did not wake up (it is connected to a USB-C <-> HDMI adapter). At first I simply changed port, then I tried to reset PRAM and after a while the port was working again.
Just to add some probably useless info: it is the USB-C port nearest to the HDMI port.

hanzS

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for your response. My MBP doesn't have a HDMI port but I was using a USB-C dongle with an HMDI connection. So far the port hasn't come back. Perhaps it will at some point. Otherwise it's APPLECARE!!!

Joecool5150

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
So far from what I've read, the only option I see is to stick to Mojave. I figured it may be time to finally make the leap to Catalina....errr....maybe not.

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Catalina is still a train wreck. iCloud Drive syncing issues have finally been mostly fixed. I still have to power-cycle my SIIG USB 3.0 hub after the post GM installation reboot. I reported this bug 6 months ago. Not fixed.
[automerge]1584645444[/automerge]
Just think. In June we get more bugs in macOS 10.16

rbyster

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2020
Did they fix the issue with not being able to enable extensions in Safari after they were disabled?

hanzS

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2017
Does anyone know if there is a way to reinstall this beta? Perhaps a reinstall would correct the port problem

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
About this Mac no longer states BETA but the build is 19E264b which is

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Does anyone know if there is a way to reinstall this beta? Perhaps a reinstall would correct the port problem

There quite a few options to try before reinstalling, like resetting smc, creating a new user account (Admin) and log into that one to see if the problem persists or not, these are just a few, after troubleshooting you could try to install the full installer over your existing OS, you would not loose anything, it could help...could, not saying it will since you end up with the same system, there might be a corrupt file (rare) so it might work.

Reactions: watakoola

liudasbar123

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2020

Same issue here! Downgraded to macOS 10.15.1 - no issue. One of the USB-C ports went off. MacBook 2019 13" can be charged through that port, but no monitors, external hard drives, etc can be detected.

scottzee

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2016
I'm on the public beta and this update bricked one of my Thunderbolt ports (front left) on my 2019 15" MBP.

JackieTreehorn

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2005
Amsterdam
The left USB-C on my 16" base model is still working, but MacOS has forced restart my MBP and iMac three times in the past 24 hours on this beta.

Best not release it....

VictorTango777

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
MST has been part of the DisplayPort standard for years now. Is there a legitimate reason why MacOS still does not support DisplayPort MST for:
Daisy chaining DsiplayPort MST monitors
Extended desktop using DisplayPort MST hubs
Extended desktop using USB-C to dual monitor adapters

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.