Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of watchOS 5.3 to Developers

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 16, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the sixth beta of an upcoming watchOS 5.3 update to developers, one week after releasing the fifth watchOS 5.3 beta and two months after the launch of watchOS 5.2.1, an update that expanded ECG availability and introduced new pride watch faces.

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software update.

[​IMG]

To install the update, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

There were no new features discovered in the first five watchOS 5.3 betas, suggesting that it focuses on bug fixes and under-the-hood performance improvements.

There could also be hidden changes that will be available after the update is released, such as support for the upcoming Apple Card, set to debut this summer. If new features are discovered in the sixth watchOS 5.3 beta, we'll update this post with details.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Sixth Beta of watchOS 5.3 to Developers

2. Joniz macrumors regular

I really wish they would make the chime of closing a ring different from the chime of completing a timed workout.

Or at least when I say Goal Completions off, it also means inside the workout app as well.

That’s all I really want.

Oh, and have the watch stop turning off the music I’m listening to on my phone using my AirPods when an alarm on the watch goes off. At least turned the danged music back on, you idjits!

3. josehoward macrumors newbie

Sixth beta? Really??? Do they need that many to iron out things? Release that 5.3 already!! Missed a bug? You always have 5.3.1!! This is so annoying. Better include at least CA and AUS in the ECG app supported list to make this wait worth it.

4. Pragati55 macrumors member

Pragati55

I wish apple provide ECG app this time for india

5. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Its your country that should provide the acceptance of the ECG app so apple can release it.

6. Cold_Beaver macrumors newbie

Why can’t it delete text automatically once we delete from the phone if it supposed to mirror the phone?

7. btrach144 macrumors 68000

btrach144

Disagree. wOS 5 is done. Apple likely wants to wrap up wOS 5 development with 5.3 and move onto solely focusing on wOS 6.

8. AndyGomez macrumors newbie

It looks ok, but with slightly worse battery management. As to ECG in Australia - this will never be released as the authorities there are in strong opposition. Apparently this can create influx if visits to doctors, and those are partially refunded, so pressure on the budget.