Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I expect this from a beta.

But this beta has the most home page stuttering and lag i have seen in the past couple years.

Ios9.3.2 feature - stutter and lag toggle in Options.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I'm not sure if others are having this issue, but since iOS 9.3 or so, everytime my iPhone 6s has restarted I simply can't enter my password right away. See, when I tap the first few letters it sort of freezes. I have to go standby, try entering the passcode again. Most time that works, but today I had to even do this a few times. Pretty annoying, although I never reboot my iPhone unless there's an update. :p

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
This happened to me today after upgrading to beta 3. Never happened before. I think I going to stay away from betas from now on. I know there are risks but I don't thing the pros are worth it. I don't really reboot either unles upgrading.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
That's all good and fine, for others it was 7.1.2, and others it was 6.1.3, and so on, and for some it's some version of 9.

For many it's not the features, it's the appropriate OS for the hardware. While 7.1.2 can run very smoothly on a device, on iOS 9 is can be a horrible experience.

While I like iOS 9, I regret upgrading to it on my older devices.

Also people remember the last release for a given OS release cause it was smooth and stable, while new releases these days tend to have bugs followed by quick patches, quality control is questionable in the last few years.

Reactions: SBeardsl

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
I always awe at the number of people that come onto forums ranting about beta software... Guys, it is exactly that. Beta! The clue is in the title.

If you don't want to test it out and experience a few humps and finales, then opt out and move on.

For those that do, sharing experiences and problems is what this is all about, keep it up and keep reporting those bugs to Apple via Feedback - the number of people I've spoken to that don't report is crazy!

I'll shut up now!

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
No more clock on the lock screen...RIP
My lock screen still shows the time. Maybe you need to tweak it in settings?
[doublepost=1461870642][/doublepost]
I always awe at the number of people that come onto forums ranting about beta software... Guys, it is exactly that. Beta! The clue is in the title.

If you don't want to test it out and experience a few humps and finales, then opt out and move on.

For those that do, sharing experiences and problems is what this is all about, keep it up and keep reporting those bugs to Apple via Feedback - the number of people I've spoken to that don't report is crazy!

I'll shut up now!
As someone that has been beta testing since MS Metro (yeah, anyone remember Microsoft's answer to AOL's hub design?) I never comment on a beta's performance. Rather, I focus on the addition (or often times subtraction) of features and functionality, such as the inability to use F.Lu... uh I mean NightShift in low power mode, or removing Pencil navigation for no reason. Basically, if it is a clearly deliberate change that indicates the direction in which Apple is clearly going with the overall update, I'm going to comment on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.