Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.3 update to developers and public beta testers, three weeks after releasing the second beta and a month after the launch of macOS Mojave 10.14.2.

The new macOS Mojave 10.14.3 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after the proper profile has been installed from Apple's Developer Center or through the public beta testing program.

macbookairmojave.jpg

We don't yet know what improvements the next update to macOS Mojave will bring, but it is likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that weren't able to be addressed in the macOS 10.14.2 update.

No new features were found in the first two betas of macOS 10.14.3, but if we find anything new in the third beta, we'll update this post.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Update to Developers and Public Beta Testers

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Nothing here...yet.

Probably not much of an update with holidays in between the last and this one, but then again, it's stable, probably the most stable OS version we had.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
I have yet to download Majave. Is it any better than High Sierra?
Nope! This time around they decided to release a major OS update with no improvements whatsoever. They renamed High Sierra to Mojave, changed the version number and called it a day. You should totally install it though if you’re a Mojave desert fan!

Reactions: JosephAW

allanmulwee

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2017
I would highly advise anyone wanting to update to Mojave from an earlier OS to back up their data, reformat and do a clean install. I have seen a few machines come in with hard drives that are unformatted as a result of updating to Mojave. All data is lost at this point. I'm not kidding.

Emanuel Rodriguez

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2018
softwareupdate -i -a did do the trick just after I checked it through software update in System Preferences.

But....Slooowwww
On 1 Gb Fiber
Which makes one wonder why you have 1Gb fiber in the first place. You're aware that there isn't a site on the planet which will serve content to you at even half that speed, correct?

...except speedtest.net, I'd assume.

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
I have yet to download Majave. Is it any better than High Sierra?

As always, it depends. If you have a computer/monitor that is not retina, you should stay away from Mojave. Apple discontinued subpixel antialiasing without disclosing it, and fonts look horrible after installing Mojave. I went back to High Sierra since I can live without all the pretty new emojis. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephAW

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Is anyone on beta 2/ beta 3 having this issue:

WiFi connection drops if the charger is plugged when it is unplugged or when it is unplugged if it is already plugged?

I was on beta 2 and this issue persisted even post resetting NVRAM and SMC on my MacBook Air 2017, so I had to reinstall 10.14.2 release version. Currently silently itching to try out beta 3.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Any real fix for fonts on internal / external non-retina screens? Not just checkboxes or defaults write.

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Which makes one wonder why you have 1Gb fiber in the first place. You're aware that there isn't a site on the planet which will serve content to you at even half that speed, correct?

This is untrue, I normally download Apple updates with about minimum 80 MB/s and over (640-800Mbit/sec), an Apple update normally downloads in about half a minute.

Last edited:

technole

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017

I have google fiber, and google usually clocks in at 500mbps on their network stuff.

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010

Running that command line helped to some extent, but not entirely, for example this website did not look better and neither did many others. This is why I went back to High Sierra on the non-retina MBA, which I normally use with a 24 inch Apple Cinema Display.
[doublepost=1546962433][/doublepost]
It's unlikely Apple thinks this is broken.

I'm afraid so, too, planned obsolescence.

Babygotfont

Suspended
May 16, 2016
Nope! This time around they decided to release a major OS update with no improvements whatsoever. They renamed High Sierra to Mojave, changed the version number and called it a day. You should totally install it though if you’re a Mojave desert fan!
+39
[doublepost=1546978004][/doublepost]
I would highly advise anyone wanting to update to Mojave from an earlier OS to back up their data, reformat and do a clean install. I have seen a few machines come in with hard drives that are unformatted as a result of updating to Mojave. All data is lost at this point. I'm not kidding.

Are you kidding?

BigBoy2018

Suspended
Oct 23, 2018
+39
[doublepost=1546978004][/doublepost]

Are you kidding?

He had a bad experience proabably and assumes its common. That said any idiot knows to have a fresh back up (I use carbon copy cloner) on hand whenever doing a major update.

I’ve never had an update blow up on me, but it makes the update way less stressful regardless.

Emanuel Rodriguez

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2018
This is untrue, I normally download Apple updates with about minimum 80 MB/s and over (640-800Mbit/sec), an Apple update normally downloads in about half a minute.
That's fairly surprising. You'd think that allowing such speeds would open themselves to getting unintentionally DDoSed by a pile of people with uber-fast internets. I would be very hesitant to allow such speeds on my own servers, to be completely honest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.