Apple Seeds Third Beta of tvOS 11.2.5 to Developers [Updated]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 3, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming tvOS 11.2.5 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the second beta and three weeks after the release of tvOS 11.2.1, an update that introduced a fix for a HomeKit vulnerability.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the tvOS 11.2.5 developer beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV via a profile that's installed using Xcode.

[​IMG]

We don't yet know what features or changes might be included in the tvOS 11.2.5 update, but it likely focuses primarily on bug fixes and performance improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

There were no outward-facing changes discovered in the first two developer betas, but we'll update this post should new features be found in the third beta.

Update: Apple has also made a public beta available for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of tvOS 11.2.5 to Developers [Updated]

2. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

Now if only the availability of the 64GB version would improve. Well, Christmas holidays are over anyway...

3. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

Sometimes I wish I was a developer.
    Though can manage to wait a day or two for p.b.
    Meanwhile enjoying preview of I.T.

4. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Why do you need the 64gb version? It doesn't have user accessible storage.

5. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

Less downloading when using multiple apps and games. For the very small premium a nobrainer.

6. Donfor39 macrumors 65816

Donfor39

P.b. Has arrived via ota updates...u.k. tonight

7. velcrovan macrumors newbie

velcrovan

What games would/do you play where this would be an issue?

I have had a 64GB unit for a couple of months now and can't seem to find any good games. I can't see how I'll ever come close to needing 32GB of storage let alone 64.

8. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

Well, this is also an investment into the future and as I pointed out the premium for once is a nobrainer in the current Apple pricing strategy.

9. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

I have zero need for the extra space, so it was a no brainer for me to spend the money I saved on more movies I can watch on this.

The extra space makes sense if one has a lot of apps, etc - but there's no use for it for me

10. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

I will get it for sure, hopefully equipped with two HomePods if they turn out to hold what was promised :)

11. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

It sure does. VLC imports movies directly into the available storage. Other apps likely use it as well.