Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming tvOS 15.1 update, one week after seeding the second beta and two weeks after the release of tvOS 15.

Apple-TV-tvOS-15.1-Feature-ORange.jpg

Developers can download the new tvOS 15 beta by downloading a profile onto the ‌Apple TV‌ using Xcode.

Other than new releases, tvOS updates are often minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes. We don't yet know what's included in tvOS 15.1, but this beta fixes a bug with VoiceOver, according to Apple's release notes.

Though we don't often know what's new in tvOS during the beta testing process, we let MacRumors readers know when new updates are available so those who are developers can download it upon release.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of tvOS 15.1 to Developers

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Any word if the library tab works for large libraries in the AppleTV app on Apple's own hardware. Works on 3rd party TVs.

Curious if Apple wants its own software to work properly on its own hardware for its best customers?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Any word if the library tab works for large libraries in the AppleTV app on Apple's own hardware. Works on 3rd party TVs.

Curious if Apple wants its own software to work properly on its own hardware for its best customers?
When you say the library tab, do you mean Home Sharing of music, movies, and TV shows stored on your Mac?

I have a fairly large library of ripped DVD and Blu-Ray collection, all imported into macOS TV app on my Mac mini. I have no problem using tvOS's Computers app to browse and play media files on my Mac mini.

Reactions: GregoriusM

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
When you say the library tab, do you mean Home Sharing of music, movies, and TV shows stored on your Mac?

I have a fairly large library of ripped DVD and Blu-Ray collection, all imported into macOS TV app on my Mac mini. I have no problem using tvOS's Computers app to browse and play media files on my Mac mini.

No, within the AppleTV app, the library tab which shows you all of your purchases. It's never worked on Apple hardware, only on Samsung, et al., TVs. So customers like me who have spent an embarrassing amount of money on movies and shows can't access the purchases stored in Apple's cloud.

Any luck this beta it's fixed? It's been broken for years.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
No, within the AppleTV app, the library tab which shows you all of your purchases. It's never worked on Apple hardware, only on Samsung, et al., TVs. So customers like me who have spent an embarrassing amount of money on movies and shows can't access the purchases stored in Apple's cloud.

Any luck this beta it's fixed? It's been broken for years.
I have only few dozen movie purchases on the library tab, so I cannot verify.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.