Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Seeds Third Beta of Upcoming tvOS 13.4 Update to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming tvOS 13.4 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the second beta and a month after the release of tvOS 13.3.1.

Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the new tvOS 13.4 developer beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV using a profile that's installed using Xcode.

tvOS updates are typically minor in scale, focusing on under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements rather than major outward-facing changes.

The tvOS 13.4 update introduces some minor design changes to streamline the look of the TV app interface, plus it introduces Family Sharing integration so users can access iTunes content purchased by family members without having to leave the app.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of Upcoming tvOS 13.4 Update to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Last edited:

upandown

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2017
Hopefully they add the ability to correctly play back 23.976 FPS. There’s a lot of content out there at that frame rate and their expensive box can’t do it without stuttering!
MacRumors please give this a look into. It’s been reported to Apple for years!

Comment

Marco0107

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2017
Atlanta, GA
When can we AirPlay keynotes from an iPad at full screen? I don’t know if that is an AppleTV or iPad issue, but has that been addressed ever?

Comment

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Updated from TVOS 13.3.1, see nothing new or improved from 3 hours of use for those wondering if they should install....
[automerge]1582820001[/automerge]

Comment

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
there needs to be a system control dump. my infuse has been clearing out my data once a week now for months. also erases my Kodi. My memory is still not even close to half. Its all the metadata caching its clearing so its clearing everything I have. Cant change how the system clears its low data stores.

Comment

Waterndirt

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2014
California
I'm on the public beta 17L5245B. It's a shame they still can't fix the screen saver from reverting back to the stock Aerial photos from My Photos option. Seems like a simple fix that has been acknowledged by Apple techs.

Comment

Mind The Mac

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
When can we AirPlay keynotes from an iPad at full screen? I don’t know if that is an AppleTV or iPad issue, but has that been addressed ever?

I thought this has been possible for a while. Have you tried using Screen Mirroring on the iPad? This offers full screen presentations on what ever is connected to the ATV, while the iPad has a thumbnail/speaker notes, plus the annotation pallet etc.

Hope this helps.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.