Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming watchOS 10 update to developers for testing purposes, with the software update coming two weeks after the second beta.

Apple-watchOS-10-Feature.jpg

To install the watchOS 10 update, developers will need to open the Apple Watch app, go to the Software Update section under "General" in Settings, and toggle on the watchOS 10 Developer Beta. Note that an Apple ID linked to a developer account is required.

Once beta updates have been activated, watchOS 10 can be downloaded under the same Software Update section. To install software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life and it must be placed on an Apple Watch charger.

watchOS 10 adds a whole new widget-focused interface. You can access a widget stack from any watch face using the Digital Crown, swiping through them to get to relevant information. Control Center can be activated from any app by pressing the side button, and these new quick access controls are meant to let you use watch faces that support less information while still putting everything you need at your fingertips.

There are new Palette and Snoopy watch faces, updates to Cycling and Hiking workouts, and mental health integrations. Users can log their state of mind and mood using the Apple Watch, with the device providing insights into mental health over time.

watchOS 10 is limited to developers at the current time, but Apple will offer a public beta in July, with an official release to follow this fall.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of watchOS 10 to Developers

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I've found that I had to toggle the developer beta off and back on the last two times to see the update. Just completed that in the IOS watch app and I'm currently downloading beta 3
By Jove, you’re right! That did the trick, thank you!!

• Haha
Reactions: surfzen21

jea_42

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2023
I've found that I had to toggle the developer beta off and back on the last two times to see the update. Just completed that in the IOS watch app and I'm currently downloading beta 3
I should have said the last time for beta 2 and now again for beta 3 but once toggled on and off it appeared.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
guess we'll have to remember the toggle trick through the whole dev beta process.

Reactions: Brad7

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
Just to note the watchOS 10 B3 release notes are out, and @jea_42's fix is the official workaround (and yes, they say beta 2 below, but its at the top of the beta 3 release notes)

• If watchOS 10 beta 2 isn’t offered in Software Update, you’ll need to re-enroll your Watch to receive beta updates. (111177366)
    Workaround: On your paired iPhone, open the Watch app, then General > Software Update > Beta Updates, and toggle Beta Updates off and then back on. Once watchOS 10 beta 2 is installed, toggle Beta Updates off and back on once more to continue receiving beta updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad7

DanRyb

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
Orange County, CA
Default apps won't install with this watchos beta. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Same issue here. Series 8. Saw someone on Reddit with an Ultra having the same issue. Not so sure there’s a workaround. I (as well as the person on Reddit) tried setting up as a new watch and restoring from backup. But no luck. Hopefully it’s something on Apple’s end blocking those apps and they’re able to fix. I submitted feedback about it.

daniesy

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
Mars
Same issue here. Series 8. Saw someone on Reddit with an Ultra having the same issue. Not so sure there’s a workaround. I (as well as the person on Reddit) tried setting up as a new watch and restoring from backup. But no luck. Hopefully it’s something on Apple’s end blocking those apps and they’re able to fix. I submitted feedback about it.
I have an ultra as well. Still not working after reinstalling a few times, both the iOS and WatchOS.

macmac30

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2015
Here's hoping that they fix the excessive battery drain in Beta 3!

UPDATE: Big improvement for my ver 7 watch with Beta 3! Charged to 100% at Noon yesterday and wore it all night. Currently at 63% at 8:45am. With Beta 1 & 2, it would be at 25-30%.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.