Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming watchOS 7.2 beta to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after the release of the second beta and a month after the launch of watchOS 7.1.

watchOS-7.2-dev-beta-3-feature.jpg

To install the ‌watchOS 7.2‌ beta, developers need to download the proper configuration profile from the Apple Developer Center. Once the profile is in place, the watchOS 7.2 beta can be downloaded through the dedicated ‌Apple Watch‌ app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To update to the new software, the ‌Apple Watch‌ needs to have 50 percent battery life, it must be placed on the charger, and it must be in range of the ‌‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌‌.

watchOS 7.2 adds a Cardio Fitness feature for the Apple Watch, and Apple says that the cardio fitness metric are a "strong indicator of overall health." The feature measures VO2 max, or the maximum amount of oxygen that your body is able to consume during exercise. Measurements are done over time, and the Apple Watch and iPhone are able to send notifications to let you know about fluctuations in your VO2 max.

Cardio Fitness can be accessed through a new trend that's been added to the Activity app, and it can be set up in the Health app on iPhone. Cardio fitness levels are available for users age 20 and above, and are estimated by age.

Cardio Fitness information will vary based on age and sex, and will be categorized into one of four ranges: high, above average, below average, or low. Notifications will let you know if your cardio fitness is at a low level, providing motivation to move more. Apple Watch has previously been able to measure VO2Max, but the new feature includes support for lower ranges that have needed clinical testing in the past.

apple-fitness-plus-watchos-7-2.jpg

watchOS 7.2 will also see the release of the Apple Fitness+ service, with a splash screen after installing the beta announcing the inclusion of Apple Fitness+.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Beta of watchOS 7.2 to Developers

Ant2369

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Connecticut
Has anyone set up this cardio fitness notifications? The original article I saw said setting it up in health but I don’t see anything

movieator

Contributor
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Has anyone set up this cardio fitness notifications? The original article I saw said setting it up in health but I don’t see anything
Pretty sure this is something that will come with the launch of Fitness+.

Last edited:

michsu

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2019
open health app, it's those "big squares" at the bottom of your data; One of them is asking to set up the cardio fitness.

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
This is probably a dumb question, but Im not having any issues, particularly with ringing. Have you double checked your settings?
Yea, theres 2ea other threads in this forum covering the issue. It seems to be related to wireless car play, from what most people are posting. And yes only affecting a select group.

dmylrea

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2005
There better be a way to turn off the auto-dim display. When is a dim room, the watch is too dim to see.

Let ME control the brightness of MY watch, please. I hate dynamic brightness on my TV, on a laptop and now on my Watch.

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Still getting the weird grey bar screen artefact across the stand ring on the Activity Analog face when the always on display is “sleeping” on my series 5, despite having reported it for pretty much every release since one of the early 7.0 betas :confused: Absolutely fine when the display is active but happens pretty frequently when its not.

74934E11-C021-421B-9DF3-BA38CC3A9B16.jpeg

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Still getting the weird grey bar screen artefact across the stand ring on the Activity Analog face when the always on display is “sleeping” on my series 5, despite having reported it for pretty much every release since one of the early 7.0 betas :confused: Absolutely fine when the display is active but happens pretty frequently when its not.

View attachment 1685634
Are we going to talk about that temperature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.