Apple Seeds Third Betas of iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
iOS 13.3 is STILL killing apps in the background almost immediately!

Examples are Amazon app, Google Photos, Whatsapp wont do its daily backup overnight, etc!

Most of apps are refreshing even freakin 10 seconds after they where closed, only one app opened between them.

WHAT THE HELL!? I’m not seeing apple or communities following up on this.

It’s definitely NOT resolved. Anyone!?
Fix is comming in iPhone 12, they found the hardware was missing 2GB and now the new courage models will have 6GB. You can buy the fix for some several hundred bux.

votdfak

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011

Examples are Amazon app, Google Photos, Whatsapp wont do its daily backup overnight, etc!

Most of apps are refreshing even freakin 10 seconds after they where closed, only one app opened between them.

Definitely huge issue. It's embarrassing.

DinkThifferent

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2018
The Netherlands
Yeah Safari is still a big issue, mostly on my iPad but also on my iPhone. Every time i press the home button and then press the safari icon again 9 out of 10 times the page reloads and i get the error "This page had to reload due to an error".

Super annoying! Apple, please fix this!

Ingo Brocksom

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019

Apple today seeded the third betas of upcoming iOS and iPadOS 13.3.1 updates to developers, one week after seeding the second betas and more than a month after the release of iOS 13.3 with Communication Limits for Screen Time.

iOS and iPadOS 13.3.1 can be downloaded from the Apple Developer center or over the air once the proper developer profile has been installed.

iOS 13.3.1 includes a "Networking & Wireless" toggle that turns off the U1 Ultra Wideband chip in the latest iPhones. The feature, located in the Privacy > Location Services section of the Settings app, turns off location for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Ultra Wideband.

Apple added this location toggle after it was discovered that the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max continue to track user location even when location services options are disabled. This is because there are international regulatory requirements that mandate the U1 chip be disabled in certain locations.

The new toggle makes sure location tracking is off for the U1 chip at all times. Apple has also added a new "Play Again" button when replaying content that you've already watched in the TV app.

Along with these features, the iOS 13.3.1 update also likely includes bug fixes for issues unable to be addressed in the iOS 13.3 update. Specifically, it could address some issues with Communication Limits, fixing a workaround with the Contacts app that allowed children text someone who contacted them from an unknown number.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Betas of iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]
This update Hasn’t changed my issue with my iPhone 11 Pro, it’s still not wireless charging on my Ravpower wireless pad, just gonna wait for final release see if it brings anything new

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Does this update restore iPad Air 2’s performance? It’s always been a speedy device until 13.2 borked it somehow. And with 13.3 it became worse. It’s practically unusable as it hangs and slows to a crawl on even the most basic tasks.

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
since 13.3 borked my wifi/bluetooth, is there a way to install this beta on the mac?

i can't do ota lol.
Download the firmware (there are sites that have it, search for iOS 13.3.1 ipsw, make sure you download it for the correct device.).

If on Mojave:
- Use iTunes.
- Click on your iDevice in the sidebar.
- General Tab
- Hold option+click Update.
- A browse window appears.
- Select the firmware.

If on Catalina:
- Use Finder
- Click on your iDevice in the sidebar.
- General Tab
- Hold option+click Update.
- A browse window appears.
- Select the firmware.

ruslansv

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2019

CarPlay Dashboard map being out of sync with the main map is probably due to the same problem. While not as dysfunctional as in 13.2 - it is definitely not completely fixed in 13.3

JosephAW

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2012
I am so glad I'm on iOS 12. I'll enjoy all the recent nagging Apple is sending me rather than apps not working in the background.

scouser75

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2008
Does this update restore iPad Air 2’s performance? It’s always been a speedy device until 13.2 borked it somehow. And with 13.3 it became worse. It’s practically unusable as it hangs and slows to a crawl on even the most basic tasks.
I have an Air 2 but haven’t experienced any speed issues. Have you tried a hard reset or maybe even reformatting the device altogether?

Prof.

macrumors 601
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
I just want my Mail to sync across my devices... tired of getting a notification, and then when I open the app in iOS, I don't see any new mail until I manually refresh.

iOS 13 is hot garbage.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I have an Air 2 but haven’t experienced any speed issues. Have you tried a hard reset or maybe even reformatting the device altogether?
Oh that's interesting to know. I thought it was affecting everybody with Air 2s because a simple google search shows many with the same symptoms as mine, all after updating to 13.2 or 3. Will have to try that tonight then!

Reactions: scouser75

JemTheWire

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
Have they broken push mail again ;)
Mail was working fine for me on previous betas, but is borked now with b3.

I thought it was weird that I hadn’t received any emails today. I’ve just opened my mail app (native Apple), and I had 9 got delivered.

I didn’t have any notifications they I had any at all.

This is the first time this has happened.

grobik

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
What’s weird was it was working perfectly fine on iOS 12
Yeah from my understanding there’s something in the process of updating the firmware that can trigger weak hardware components to fail. I’m no scientist though.

whatgift

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2017
Australia
I'm not sure it's related, but my Apple Music crashes after a period of time every time I use it, and my App Store and Podcast apps also have issues. Doing a full restore on my iPhone 8 does not solve the problem. I'm thinking there's some kind of memory leak happening.

Reactions: Kagio

scouser75

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2008
Mail was working fine for me on previous betas, but is borked now with b3.

I thought it was weird that I hadn’t received any emails today. I’ve just opened my mail app (native Apple), and I had 9 got delivered.

I didn’t have any notifications they I had any at all.

This is the first time this has happened.
That’s strange. My mail is still working fine. Could it possibly be due to specific devices? Have you tried reinstalling?

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Oh that's interesting to know. I thought it was affecting everybody with Air 2s because a simple google search shows many with the same symptoms as mine, all after updating to 13.2 or 3. Will have to try that tonight then!
I’m glad I waited for this update. It brought back my iPad Air 2 to normal performance again. No more lags or crashes or lock ups anymore!