Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update to its public beta testing group, one day after seeding the third beta to developers and two weeks after releasing the second macOS Mojave 10.14.4 public beta.

The macOS Mojave update can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store after downloading the appropriate profile from Apple's beta testing website. Apple's beta testing site gives users access to iOS, macOS, and tvOS betas.

macbookairmojave-800x460.jpg

macOS Mojave 10.14.4, along with iOS 12.2, introduces support for Apple News in Canada for the first time, allowing Canadian users to read the news in French or English.

The update also includes support for Touch ID-enabled Safari AutoFill and automatic Dark Mode themes in Safari. That means if you have Dark Mode enabled on macOS Mojave, when you visit a website with a dark theme, it will be activated automatically. You can see a demo of the feature here.

macOS Mojave 10.14.4 will likely be in beta testing for the next several weeks as Apple refines features and works out bugs. After that, it will see a release alongside iOS 12.2, watchOS 5.2, and tvOS 12.2.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Public Beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4

dougc

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
no joy on this public beta and installation on iMac pro... Installation proceeds to initial login screen and then goes (after password) back to black screen w apple logo, then back to login screen, then back to black screen.... then back ti login... etc. reinstalled 14.3 all is well. any others?

d

haddy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2012
NZ
no joy on this public beta and installation on iMac pro... Installation proceeds to initial login screen and then goes (after password) back to black screen w apple logo, then back to login screen, then back to black screen.... then back ti login... etc. reinstalled 14.3 all is well. any others?

d
10.14.4 Beta (18E194d)

Installed fine on my 2017 27' iMac i7.

Schranke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well this just came at the right time, my safari were beginning to crash all the time and I could not find a solution. Updated and all is well... for now
(did my duty and send in crash reports and such)

Reactions: Stevez67

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
How stable is 10.14?

It has been rock solid for me as well. I am currently running Mojave on: (personal) a Mac mini 2018, Mac mini 2014, (wife's computer) Macbook Pro 2015, (work) Mac Pro 2012, and a Macbook Air 2014. I did fresh installs on the mini's and upgrades on the rest.

goslowjoe

Suspended
Dec 22, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, and it's a tad OT, but is MacRumors going to provide a Dark theme for the 10.14.4 update to auto-switch to?? MR damn near blinds me at night.
Same here - I have not looked back since dark mode was made available but dang, even with Night Shift on, on the 27" iMac there is just too much white. Just discovered that DuckDuckGo's search result has dark mode as well, and it is awesome. I don't know how I lived without dark mode.

Reactions: luvbug

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
What I wish Apple would add is an auto light mode/dark mode option like tvOS has. This would match the dynamic Mojave wallpaper perfectly. I hate to have to enable dark mode manually and switch to light mode during the day.

bandcamp

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
Cardiff, UK
The best thing about this third public beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4 is that space bar now opens a photo and return opens the photo in edit mode in Photos. Finally!

Reactions: ncrypt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.