Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the third public beta of an upcoming macOS Sonoma 14.3 update, allowing non-developers to test out the software ahead of its release. The third public beta comes a week after the second public beta.

macos-sonoma-4.jpg

Beta testers can opt-in through the Software Update section of the System Settings app. Under Beta updates, simply toggle on the Sonoma Public Beta. Note that you must sign up to participate on Apple's beta testing website.

macOS Sonoma 14.3 includes support for collaborative playlists in Apple Music, allowing Apple Music subscribers to build playlists with others. When creating a new playlist or selecting an existing playlist, there's a person-shaped icon that can be clicked to turn on collaboration.

Enabling collaboration provides a link that can be shared with others, and anyone with the link is able to contribute to the playlist and listen to the songs. The person who started the playlist can choose to approve those who want to join or open it up to everyone. Anyone with the link to a playlist can add music, though the owner can turn off collaboration at any time or remove people.

macOS Sonoma 14.3 is expected to see a launch later in January.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third Public Beta of macOS Sonoma 14.3

Last edited:

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
From dev seed thread

Comparison of 14.3 beta 3 to previous 14.3 beta 2

macOS 14.3 beta 3 (23D5051b)
  • Safari Version 17.3 (19617.2.4.11.5)
  • System Firmware Version: 10151.81.1 (M1 based Macs)
  • Darwin Kernel Version 23.3.0: Thu Jan 4 13:53:24 PST 2024; root:xnu-10002.81.5~13/RELEASE_ARM64_T8103 arm64
macOS 14.3 beta 2 (23D5043d)
  • Safari Version 17.3 (19617.2.3)
  • System Firmware Version: 10151.80.20 (M1 based Macs)
  • Darwin Kernel Version 23.3.0: Tue Dec 19 20:56:38 PST 2023; root:xnu-10002.80.20.505.4~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8103 arm64
* Apple Music/TV is now 1.4.3.27 from 1.4.3.24.

This is just as solid as beta 2 was, go ahead try it out. RC is likely next.

Last edited:

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
macOS Sonoma 14.3 includes support for collaborative playlists in Apple Music, allowing Apple Music subscribers to build playlists with others. When creating a new playlist or selecting an existing playlist, there's a person-shaped icon that can be clicked to turn on collaboration.

fixed it for you

tapping is for iOS and iPadOS

testato

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2023
Please could someone post the contents of the framework plist uding find ?

find /System/Library/Frameworks/ -name version.plist - exec cat {} \; | tee one.txt

find /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ -name version.plist - exec cat {} \; | tee two.txt

nsklaus

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2020
Please could someone post the contents of the framework plist uding find ?

find /System/Library/Frameworks/ -name version.plist - exec cat {} \; | tee one.txt

find /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ -name version.plist - exec cat {} \; | tee two.txt

if you do it this way:
Code:
find /System/Library/Frameworks/ -name version.plist | while read line; do echo $line; cat $line | grep -i -A 1 "cfbundleversion";  echo "\n"; done
you get prettier output, it shows filename with path and version, it adds a new line for readability and discard the rest of the content. basicaly it displays file and version.
(not sure the "cfbundleversion" is the best choice, used it as an example. )

Last edited:

testato

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2023
if you do it this way:
Code:
find /System/Library/Frameworks/ -name version.plist | while read line; do echo $line; cat $line | grep -i -A 1 "cfbundleversion";  echo "\n"; done
you get prettier output, it shows filename with path and version, it adds a new line for readability and discard the rest of the content. basicaly it displays file and version.
(not sure the "cfbundleversion" is the best choice, used it as an example. )
thanks a lot for the prompt answer , i use simple raw data extraction becouse i parse them with python to track the package upgrade using latest ventura as reference

testato

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2023
Souceversion is best suited , and projectname is better than filename to discard alias and framework that have different name not related to file

nsklaus

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2020
thanks a lot for the prompt answer , i use simple raw data extraction becouse i parse them with python to track the package upgrade using latest ventura as reference
it could be interesting to have a small tool, or a commnand line to quickly know version of installed stuffs. it could be a way to workaround apple providing updates with zero infos about what changed in latest update. i always find it shocking to see apple pushing updates and not telling what's in it.

testato

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2023
it could be interesting to have a small tool, or a commnand line to quickly know version of installed stuffs. it could be a way to workaround apple providing updates with zero infos about what changed in latest update. i always find it shocking to see apple pushing updates and not telling what's in it.
otool is patially answer

anyway if someone give me the list i will try to post the diff

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
Yes It is solid enough. The 17.3 beta cycle was a short term bug fix cycle.

awesome. i've been holding out on updating my macbook pro but i think once this update comes through, i'll go ahead with the update!

Reactions: Morod

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
Magic Trackpad users with the Beta question. Did you have any slight delay, stutter or jumps with the MT? Mine did on the get go and still has an occasional stutter. I did not migrate from TM. It's clean set up and update with new iMac M3.

AUGUSTU5

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2022

I'm experiencing significant screen tearing on any external display (3 different models tested via HDMI/DP and Thunderbolt USB-C) in the latest macOS preview, regardless of whether they're connected through a dock or directly to the MacBook. - I am using Better Display to control my displays, but the issue persists, after restarting and deactivating the program from startup.

The issue persists despite trying various cables. Interestingly, the tearing occurs at a specific point, creating a seam where the upper 5/6 and lower 1/5 of the display image don't align, but only upon initial movement of a window.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with macOS and external displays? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated. Considering a system reset and bankrolling to last StableRelease as my next troubleshooting step.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
View attachment 2336770
I'm experiencing significant screen tearing on any external display (3 different models tested via HDMI/DP and Thunderbolt USB-C) in the latest macOS preview, regardless of whether they're connected through a dock or directly to the MacBook. - I am using Better Display to control my displays, but the issue persists, after restarting and deactivating the program from startup.

The issue persists despite trying various cables. Interestingly, the tearing occurs at a specific point, creating a seam where the upper 5/6 and lower 1/5 of the display image don't align, but only upon initial movement of a window.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with macOS and external displays? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated. Considering a system reset and bankrolling to last StableRelease as my next troubleshooting step.
Try looking at this issue in safe mode possibly without that free utility app.

2. Safe Mode Reset​

If you can’t perform an automatic reset then you can try resetting the monitor by starting your Mac in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode and startup takes a bit longer but allows you to fix problems like resetting an external display connected to your Mac.

• To start in Safe Mode on Intel Macs you need to turn on your Mac and hold down the Shift key and release it when you see the login-screen.
  • To start in Safe Mode on M1 Macs you need to hold the power button until you see the start-up options menu. Select your startup disk and hold down the Shift key and click on “Continue in Safe Mode”.
  • Go To Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays and then click Display Settings.
  • In Resolution settings select Default For Display.

reset-external-display-mac.jpg

You can then restart your Mac normally and your external display resolution and refresh rate will be restored to the previous setting.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.