Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the release candidate version of the upcoming tvOS 15 update to developers for testing purposes, with the new beta coming one week released the ninth beta.

Apple-TV-tvOS-15-Feature.jpg

Developers can download the new tvOS 15 beta by downloading a profile onto the ‌Apple TV‌ using Xcode.

Apple shared little about tvOS 15 when it was unveiled, but there are some new features that are coming to the operating system. SharePlay, a FaceTime feature that lets multiple users watch TV shows or movies together, will integrate with tvOS, and there's a new "For All of You" recommendation engine that suggests shows everyone might enjoy.

A Shared With You section also displays movies and shows that were shared with you through the Messages app so you remember to check them out. When paired with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max, the Apple TV supports Spatial audio for a theater-like surround sound experience, and there's a new feature for automatically connecting your AirPods through Smart AirPods routing.

Hey Siri commands can be used to launch Apple TV+ shows, and two HomePod mini speakers can be paired with the Apple TV 4K for stereo sound. If you have HomeKit cameras, you can also now view multiple cameras at the same time on the Apple TV.

Article Link: Apple Seeds tvOS 15 Release Candidate to Developers

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
I've been getting downgraded video a lot with the last few betas including this RC. I've never seen an apple event this low quality, with it dipping down to what appears to be 360p. Nothing has changed in my wireless setup, and my speedtest app is reporting the same 80/5 with 3ms lag as always.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.