Apple Seeds watchOS 5 Golden Master to Developers

joselc23

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2011
Did Apple pull the update? I installed the GM release, restarted and then shows 4 as the current update.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2008
Out of interest, any thoughts on the iOS 12 GM - you don't need any profiles to install (option click in iTunes to restore IPSW). It's quite simple

Why isn't this the same with WatchOS 5 GM? You do need a profile although it's a GM like iOS 12.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Out of interest, any thoughts on the iOS 12 GM - you don't need any profiles to install (option click in iTunes to restore IPSW). It's quite simple

Why isn't this the same with WatchOS 5 GM? You do need a profile although it's a GM like iOS 12.
Watch updates are exclusively OTA.

bryn0076

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
BNE
Anyone know if the new watch faces today will be available for Series 3 in WatchOS 5 or if they are hardware specific.
I have a series 3 cellular. Having just updated to the most recent beta, they ARE on there - woohoo!

I was really looking forward to the vapour effect, but that and liquid metal have a very defined circular border - they’ll definitely suit the new watches’ complications, but don’t look very good in series 3

Fire & water look great as the don’t have defined edges, but I REALLY want that bigger screen now to see the detail. The ‘calm’ (bokeh style) breathe is fantastic - makes me want to use no complications at all...

Love ‘em

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
I have a series 3 cellular. Having just updated to the most recent beta, they ARE on there - woohoo!

I was really looking forward to the vapour effect, but that and liquid metal have a very defined circular border - they’ll definitely suit the new watches’ complications, but don’t look very good in series 3

Fire & water look great as the don’t have defined edges, but I REALLY want that bigger screen now to see the detail. The ‘calm’ (bokeh style) breathe is fantastic - makes me want to use no complications at all...

Love ‘em
To be clear though, there is no new modular face, or the new clock face with (8 or so) complications. I don't think it's the end of the world, really.

(and 'Fire and Water' does seem to have defined edges on my large Series 3 with 4G.)

ersan191

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2013
Siri raise to speak worked literally one time and has never worked since on my S3 LTE with this GM

I foresee a lot of problems with it. Maybe it will be better on the S4

EDIT: After restarting the watch 3 times it seems to work somewhat consistently now. Still a bit wonky.

Last edited: