Apple sells 13.5 million ipads...this quarter!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pourme, Dec 1, 2011.

1. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

2. russelldirect macrumors member

3. pourme thread starter macrumors regular

pourme

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

5. pourme thread starter macrumors regular

pourme

Whatever, it was interesting & I thought I would share it.....

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

7. urkel, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

urkel macrumors 68030

I'm not trying to be rude, but I've never understood what exactly is so interesting about the sales figures or profits of a company you don't work for or own stock in.

It's good to know a product is selling well because it reassures our confidence that the product will continue to be supported, but when I see regular consumers applaud and brag about "13M sales!", "$5B in profits" or "dominance" over THEIR competition then I scratch my head because success should result in lower prices, more product choices or feature advances that don't require rebuying the same product rather than celebrating the padded bonuses of millionaire executives.

Apologies to anyone offended by the rant because I do love Apple products, but It's a business, not a friend. So Ive always felt its followers respect them a lot more than they respect us and the success that WE gave them has only caused Apple to keep more secrets away from their loyal customers and restrict features in order to lure us to respend more money on a 90% similar product next year.

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I think it would have helped if you had gone one step further and explained just exactly what you found interesting about said article and why you felt so compelled to share it with us. I believe that at the moment, many of us are scratching our heads and thinking .... "Uh yeah...so? What's your point?" :confused:

Else, you aren't really any better than a bot (and a rather poorly scripted one at that). :p

9. purd002 macrumors member

A portion of us do own stock in AAPL and find it interesting.

10. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

Check out your thread title: it was a prediction by analysts, and you reported it as a fact. As the disclaimer goes: they are discussing forward-looking events. Information available to analysts will always be limited. If Apple doesn't report a particular number (e.g., breakdown of iPad sales by country), then it's problematic for anyone outside of Apple to ever get that data. Gruber's commentary of last week's NPD report punctuates that problem.

We cannot know results until they are announced with the FY12 Q1 results on a Tuesday in January -- by Apple.