Apple sells refurbed iPhones? Really?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eyebidder, Apr 2, 2009.

1. eyebidder macrumors newbie

Saw a post not to long ago where someone got a refurbished iPhone(4GB) from Apple. I'm not sure if this is true but I'm trying to find out if Apple sells refurbs in their store. Can't seem to find out and thought this forum might help.

I'd like to use my T-Mobile carrier with my SIM. Possible?

Thanks to all! :D

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

To buy a refurb without a contract will cost you the same price as buying one brand new. The selling of refurbs at a steep discount is to move inventory and to entice those sitting on the fence to spend their money.

You'll have better luck looking on Craigslist or ebay.

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I think if they sold one to you, you would have to create an account with them and everything. They wouldn't just give you the phone... You'd be better off with eBay

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I bought my first gen. (which is what your friend bought if it is 4gb) refurb from apple. But things changed with the 3G.

5. showtime macrumors 6502

Apple does sell refurbed iPhones on their website. The problem is that it hardly ever is in stock. Pretty much since the release of the 3G it's only been in stock about twice and both times they sold out within an hour or so.

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If anyone was wondering. The 4GB iPhones that Apple was selling were without a contract and only sold for $149. I have one!

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Refurbished phones more likely used as stock for replacement iPhones i'd imagine.