Apple Send Me A New Mpb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by v-ault, Apr 4, 2007.

1. v-ault macrumors regular

I'm going to try and get apple to send me a new MBP. I installed a gig of ram on it yesterday, and I noticed the bottom of the battery is becoming brown/blackish. I'm having these same type of colors appearing on the corners of my MBP casing, too. I'm gonna tell them to send me a new one because it is a fire hazard, or I will send it to them, and I will tell them I want my money back. <---Works like a charm almost everytime for me. Do you guys think they'll send me a new one.

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Depends how old it is.

Still under the year guarantee or do you have Apple Care?

3. v-ault thread starter macrumors regular

4. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

How old is it?

Outside of 2 weeks you are generally not entitled to a replacement.

5. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Just send it in for repair... if the battery really is starting to cause a problem then they'll fix your computer, or replace it entirely. You are not entitled to a completely new computer - but even if they just fixed the old one, they'd basically be replacing most of the parts anyways.

6. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

if you installed ram on ur own doesn't it void warranty??

7. v-ault thread starter macrumors regular

no it doesn't

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Installing RAM on your own doesn't void the warranty as far as I know... it didn't on my PowerBook at least.

The hard drive is a different story though (at least on the MacBook Pro)

9. MaaseyRacer macrumors regular

They will happily repair it. However outside of two weeks (california law), they will not replace the machine. If you demand your money back they can and probably will demand a 10% restocking fee. I do not understand why it is that when something goes wrong on a piece of consumer electronics which is theoreticly engineered to last up to three years, people demand a new machine. When your car has a problem do you demand a new one? Get it repaired and if you have three claims this year then I would ask for a new computer.

10. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

I think it's only after they do 3 repairs for the same problem, then you can ask for a replacement. But I'm not sure what appels lemon policy is.