Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has sent out Halloween-themed gift boxes to some influencers for them to enjoy while watching Apple's upcoming "Scary Fast" Mac-focused event on Monday night.

gift-box-apple.jpg

The gift boxes include a pair of AirPods Max headphones, an Apple cap, and a selection of "sweet and spooky" snacks and drinks.

As shared by influencer Lamarr Wilson, the boxes also include an invite which reads:
It's almost Halloween and Apple has some treats in store for you.

On the evening of October 30th, we'll unveil something special and invite you to join the online watch party.

To make your viewing experience a bit more "spatial," we hope you'll enjoy immersive listening with AirPods Max, along with a few sweet and spooky snacks.
Hints suggest the event will be all about the Mac, and the company is expected to refresh several Macs in the lineup with new high-performance (or "Scary Fast") M3 chips, including the 24-inch iMac and the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro.

gift-box-apple-2.jpg

That said, given the unusual late timing of the event at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, not to mention the confusion surrounding the Mac lineup right now, this is one of the more mysterious events Apple has promoted in recent years, so we could well be in for some surprises.

Apple plans to stream the October 30 event live on its website, on YouTube, and through the Apple TV app. For those unable to watch, MacRumors will be providing full event coverage on MacRumors.com and the MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple Sends Out Gift Boxes With AirPods Max and 'Sweet and Spooky' Snacks to Promote Mac Event

Last edited:

desslr

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2021
Lovely gesture for the rich! I’m minded to wait until any of the British based ones say anything positive and then report them to the Advertising Standards Authority for not labelling it as an #ad.

Infact I’m going to.

We got tough laws here in the UK about things like this :)

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
I immediately wondered if they gave out USB-C versions of the AirPods Max. But it’s more likely they wanted to move some stock of the current Lightning ones, and based on the video, that’s what happened.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
That's a bizarre gift box. Giving out a pair of 3 year old headphones that desperately need an update is a weird gift unless like someone said above they are just trying to get rid of some stock.
Desperately need an update? May I ask why?

To my ear, best in class sound quality, equal in class noise cancelling, and way out in front transparency, best build quality. I recently bought Sony WH 1000 XM5 for traveling, and to my ear, the AirPods are better for everything other than maybe noise canceling but it’s almost impossible to pick one that’s better.

Edit: I will say desperately in need of being shipped with a usable case. I don’t use mine outside of the house because of that terrible case.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
Lovely gesture for the rich! I’m minded to wait until any of the British based ones say anything positive and then report them to the Advertising Standards Authority for not labelling it as an #ad.

Infact I’m going to.

What makes you think these influencers are rich?

Some influencers are but the majority aren't.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Desperately need an update? May I ask why?

To my ear, best in class sound quality, equal in class noise cancelling, and way out in front transparency, best build quality. I recently bought Sony WH 1000 XM5 for traveling, and to my ear, the AirPods are better for everything other than maybe noise canceling but it’s almost impossible to pick one that’s better.

Edit: I will say desperately in need of being shipped with a usable case. I don’t use mine outside of the house because of that terrible case.

Because they are three years old that's why. Saying they don't need an update is essentially saying they are the perfect headphones. They aren't. They are nice, but they could be better.

The fact you purchased a separate pair of headphones for traveling sums it up.

Contact_Feanor

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium

Infact I’m going to.

Saying anything positive doesn't make it an ad. Saying only positive things and skating over the negatives makes it an ad. If you review a good product, being fair and balanced means saying mostly positive things.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Influencers makes want to do the opposite. They’re worse than humans that sells their body for money and mask it as selling love. Influencers are so weak minded that a heavy drug abuser seems like a wise man in comparison.
Whoa whoa calm down there chief.

Anyways back in the day I was what would have been considered an influencer nowadays and I was sent places by big companies, and sent stuff all the time and it had no effect on my reporting of said company. It’s a common practice, and typically the bigger you are or if you are part of a huge publication the less of it you saw. And also was incredibly poor, can confirm but I suspect that’s less common nowadays.

Last edited:

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Influencers makes want to do the opposite. They’re worse than humans that sells their body for money and mask it as selling love. Influencers are so weak minded that a heavy drug abuser seems like a wise man in comparison.
Huh? I’m sure some would fit your description, but geez let’s not lump everyone into one big group.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
Apple sends out gift boxes to people who can afford to get the products in the gift boxes so they continue to tell everyone on YouTube what they want people to hear. Fixed it for you.

I do wonder if those AirPods Max have usb c?
Exactly my thought. Since when did they give out free stuff? This is giving out old inventory and poaching reviewers. Remember Apple also forced developers to buy a unit to test their apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: psxp and jlnr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.