Apple Sent Me The Wrong Harddrive!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by beeinformed, Nov 30, 2012.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi,

I used Apple's in-home service repair program and the technician that was sent to my home, replaced the harddrive, logic board and power supply. I've noticed since having the computer repaired today,that I am having software-related issues such as not being able to sign in to my e-mail accounts as well as not being able to send the Apple registration form because of internet connections (my internet is working fine).

I looked at system profiler and noticed that Apple replaced my 1 Tb. Western digital hard drive with a Seagate harddrive (ST31000528AS media).

I not sure if the Seagate harddrive is causing the software issues but isn't Apple suppose to replace the same harddrive as I had before?

Thanks in advance for your feedback to my question! :)

2. All Taken macrumors 6502a

They can use whichever brand so long as it is of the same specification. Try a restore.

Wait, isn't Apple swapping out some Seagate drives from certain iMacs due to issues?

3. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, the Seagate harddrive that Apple gave me (ST31000528AS Media) is part of the Seagate models that were recalled.

4. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want to add an update to my post: The Seagate harddrive that replaced my Western Digital harddrive, which is model no. ST31000528AS Rev AP2E, is the one of the harddrives that is replacing the defective Seagate models that were recalled on the 27 inch iMac models (2009-2011).

I also would like to add that I have the early 2009 24 inch iMac 3.06 Ghz model and I hope the Seagate harddrive is compatible with my iMac as I noticed that when I looked at System Profiler, there is no serial number listed for my computer.

By the way, has anyone had any issues with the Seagate harddrive replacement model no. ST31000528AS Rev AP2E? Thanks! :)

5. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

they installed the exact same drive in to my early 2009 model when they replaced my wd blue drive. it works just fine.