Apple sent me wrong spec iMac !

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by paul1500, Mar 27, 2009.

1. paul1500 macrumors newbie

HI all,
    looking for suggestions on this problem.
    I purchased an iMac refurb from the apple online store earlier this week, a 3.06 500HD machine, paid £1149. I had been waiting for one to come up as I felt they were great value compaired to the new spec.

It arrived and after spending the best part of a day getting software updates and my machine to my needs and installing 4GB ram I decided to check the 'about this mac'

Turns out they sent me a 2.8 300GB machine!!

Contacted them and now waited 36 hours and emailed them several times while the manager looks into it.

I feel I should get a refund of approx 15% as this represents the usual saving an the refurb machines but they seem unable to make a decision. i would really love a 3.06 but they now have no refurbs remaining.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

2. kolax macrumors G3

I'd just ask for a full refund, then say you want to purchase the 2.8GHz model.

You might be able to do all that on the phone, then again, it's hard to prove you got the wrong model without taking it in.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The 2.8 refurbs were £949 so you should demand a £200 refund.

Knowing Apple, they will probably insist you return the iMac and have a full refund.

4. paul1500 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys.

I have emailed thema screen shot, so they now know its the 2.8 not a 3.06.

I'll try for the £200 refund.

5. Jphillippe macrumors regular

Jphillippe

Insist buddy.. I just got a return from the apple developer connection store which grants no returns just by calling everyday for 2 weeks and e-mailing constantly. I received a unibody macbook pro scratched on the bottom. At first I was told it was fedex fault and that they weren't responsible. I called fedex and got a hold of their dispatch center in shanghai and I had them sent me a letter in which they give all responsibilities to apple especially since the box was sealed when delivered to me. I kept contacting apple telling them it was an issue on their behalf, they would ignore my messages, until they sent me the shipping labels two weeks later, and voila REfund.

6. SecondDealer macrumors regular

Stand up for yourself, first of all insist on a full refund once that is promised to you work on getting some sort of compensation for your troubles.