Apple sent new SIM card - need it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alanmcdonley, Oct 24, 2011.

1. alanmcdonley macrumors newbie

Apple sent me an email apologizing for sending me two iPhone4S with defective SIM cards, and then sent me two replacement SIM cards.

I have not found any problems in either phone with the original cards, do I need to switch to the new cards?

Anyone else get an unsolicited replacement SIM card?

2. vickidisab macrumors newbie

Yes, I received the same email. However, I am having problems with outgoing calls where I cannot hear the caller. All I hear is an echo. I called Apple and they told me its a defective sim card. I will have the card tomorrow and will be replacing it. Hopefully it fixes the problem!!!

3. jumpman5678 macrumors newbie

I am having this same issue with my 4s. When I make a call, I hear my own voice. I took it to Apple and they tried doing a reset and told me to let them know what happens and as soon as I left the store it started doing it again. I didn't want to go back b/c they were running 30 min. behind. I'm going back tomorrow to see what they say. By the way, I noticed if it's doing that and you press the speakerphone button and then turn it back off, the echo stops. Let me know if the new sim card fixes the problem. They told me they would swap out the phone for me, so we'll see if that works without having to change the sim.