apple service centre

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marioblackman23, Mar 29, 2008.

1. marioblackman23 macrumors member

im thinking about buying the apple protection plan but before I do, I would like to find out if all apple service centres are required to repair you computer free of charge any time within the three years or do they have different rules for different service centres and you could end up paying a large or whole portion of the bill.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Anything that normal wear and tear won't be covered regardless of the Apple warranty. The warranty just extends the service that you get for the first year (for the coverage part, and the 90 day day telephone service) to three years.

So if you punch your LCD (or LED), it's not going to be covered...

But if you turn on your Mac Pro one day and the hard drive fails...it'll be covered.

3. marioblackman23 thread starter macrumors member

ok, my bad i shoulda said authorized apple service providers. like stores with different names besides apple e.g. illuminat in Trinidad and Tobago (im from the caribbean) do they have the right to charge me for something that i did not cause even if i have applecare.

thegoldenmackid do you have applecare on all your macs and were you ever upset you bought it?

4. nhcowboy1 macrumors 6502

Applecare coverage is binding on all authorized Apple service centers - regardless of the name hanging over their front door.