Apple service IS phenomenal - my iMac had a scratch :)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by CHSeifert, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CHSeifert, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Just around the deadline for return of the Apple stuff I bought online at the Apple store I found a white mark or dent in the side of my iMac. Nothing special but none the less a pretty clear dent or scratch in the Alu. My TimeCapsule also had a scratch in the white plastic and I asked the very nice and friendly Apple Support Lady what to do. She asked for photos and I took some pretty poor ones with my iPhone 4 cam (my Canon Pro is at my parents house ATM)

Next day she emailed me stating that she had processed the return order and ordered new identically specced stuff.

If I'm lucky they will send me a new 2 tb TimeCapsule - the one I bought in june was the old one :)

Here's the pics I emailed the Apple support lady. Must say that Apple really lives up to its name and reputation in my case :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. saschke macrumors 6502

You have FOUND that big, fat, white mark after nearly one year of standard warranty time? lol. Congrats to you though for getting new stuff.

3. CHSeifert, Jul 14, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

No I found it when I unpacked it Sunday, 13 days after I received ;)

4. EasyRider macrumors regular

EasyRider

He didn't wait a year, it was within the return policy timeframe. He could of just easily returned it and bought a new one.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

are they going to give you the difference in price for the time capsule as they lowered the price on the 2TB significantly since if you did in fact order the previous generation 2TB at $499? or atleast upgrade it to the 3TB.

Sucks they came blemished but all works out...

6. rousetafarian macrumors newbie

7. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Goog to hear great customer service still exists.

8. CHSeifert, Jul 14, 2011

CHSeifert thread starter macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

Apple customer service as I say is awesome - On top of getting new hopefully none scratched apple gear, I also received the price difference between what I paid for the 2 TB TimeCapsule in may/June and what it cost now, I received a free Lion upgrade AND the back to school offer for the app store.

110% top notch customers service !!!!

10/10 Stars and I'm not even an Apple fanboy :)

Just have to be honest about how great their service is in my case :)

9. AppleNewton, Jul 14, 2011

AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

glad to hear they took care of you big time. yeah you get some good CSR and not so good ones sometimes.
    i'm dealing with one right now that is less than stellar and sort of a dolt when it comes to anything other than responding with templated answers. I mean for the amount I spent on a high-end imac 27" any hardware issues should be resolved/sent out a replacement unit. its funny I see people returning them for smaller non-issues easily but actual DOA its a nightmare -- in this particular incident at least. never had issues when I had to reach them.

but all in all good to hear its straightened out.