Apple ***** Service

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yps, May 21, 2011.

1. yps macrumors newbie

Great Product - **** Service
    I have been on the phone to get through to Apple store in Manchester and I had 9 calls ahead of me and I have been on the phone over 1.30 minutes and still on hold but there are still two people are ahead of me!! It is absolutely ***** and after making so much money Apple need to start spending some money to look after the existing and the new customers.
    My suggestion to the bosses would be to speak with either Richard Branson or the Chief of American express to get some tips how to have a great product and most importantly the best service.
    The service experience is **** and its not one hour 37 minutes and still waiting and one call ahead of me!!
    Shame on the service

2. simsaladimbamba

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

4. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

An hour and 37 minutes is completely ridiculous to be on hold for anything, much less customer service. I think he has a right to complain at that length of time.

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Use the app FastCustomer if you have an iphone and then you wont ever have to wait on hold :)

6. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

The trick is , don't use the phone ., go into the store , and see someone in person , you get better service that way .

7. Makosuke macrumors 603

This may not be available in the UK, but in the US you can use the website to register a problem and then have them call you when someone is available, or pick a future time when you'll be available to have them call. That doesn't prevent waiting at home for a call, but it does avoid sitting with a phone to your ear, at least.

I was quite satisfied with how that worked when I used it over the weekend a couple of weeks ago.

And it's also worth noting that (again, at least in the US), you actually get customer service reps from your country, rather than a call center in India as you do with Microsoft (or just about anybody else other than the cable company and OWC that I deal with on the phone).

8. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

I wonder how much of this delay is due to all the supposed noob calls about MacDefender...?