Apple Service

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Batt, May 22, 2008.

1. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

A couple of weeks ago, my wife's iPod Shuffle suddenly died. ONE DAY after the warranty ran out.
    I took it to the local Apple Store and made a service appointment. Playing by the warranty rules and not trying to get something for nothing, I told the tech I just wanted confirmation of its death and then I would buy a replacement.
    He confirmed the Shuffle's passing, and told me that, because it was only one day out of warranty, he was ordering me a replacement. 24 hours later, I picked up the replacement.
    This is just one reason I buy Apple products.
    Your cries of terrible Apple customer service fall on deaf ears.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You're one of the lucky ones, don't assume that just because you had a good experience, everyone has. I have had problems and the people at the Apple store have ranged from ultra-helpful to worse than useless.

3. Batt thread starter macrumors 65816

Batt

Actualy, I believe you're one of the unlucky ones. I think most people get good results.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I haven't yet had a bad Apple service experience, but then, I haven't been an Apple user for long enough to have needed extensive warranty help.

But it is nice to have the occasional comment on positive experiences, if only to balance the many negatives that appear on the boards.