iPhone Apple Settings/Diagnostics show up as apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by co.ag.2005, Jan 17, 2014.

1. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

This is a weird one... while I was commuting to work today on my bus, I downloaded Spark from the app store since it was free. I went to my home screen afterwards and saw a whole page and a half of icons that look like Apple settings or diagnostics "apps" that are built into iOS... I didn't install a new tweak at the time or anything. Quite weird.

A reboot did clear out the icons but I thought I'd just share to see if anything is going awry. I don't have many tweaks installed... just the ones you see in this list plus a few others like webscrollian, xcon, bitesms, ifile, statusbarfix2, HD Enabler for Youtube.

I imagine it's nothing, but thought I'd pass on my experience.

Attached Files:

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

You have a conflicting tweak. Try removing tweaks one by one and then respring until the issue no longer occurs.

3. co.ag.2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

ok. This is the first time it has happened (I haven't installed a new tweak in several days) but I'll start with the latest tweak I installed.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

it happens to jailbreak devices from time to time. just respring and those icons will disappear

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yeah, it usually happens when you add something new. Just respiring or reboot and it will go away. Not necessarily any reason to get rid of the tweak.

6. co.ag.2005 thread starter macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

thanks. Like I said in the OP, a reboot cleared the icons, I just wanted to bring it up in case something else "major" is going on.

Thanks all for the responses!

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

This has happened to me many times before. Usually a reboot/respring will fix the issue temporarily.