Apple Shares All of the Videos From Today's Services Event Introducing Apple News+, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and Apple Card

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today held a services-focused event at its Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California, where it unveiled several new services including Apple News+ for subscription news and magazines, Apple TV+ for original TV content, Apple Arcade for App Store games, and Apple Card, a new Apple-branded credit card with special capabilities in wallet.

During the event, Apple showed several videos, all of which have now been uploaded to Apple's YouTube channel. From the opening TV credits video to the ending video with Oprah, everything announced is summed up in these videos.

Of all of the services that Apple announced today, the only one that's available now is Apple News+. You can get Apple News+ after updating to iOS 12.2, which was just recently released. The other services will be available later this year.

The full livestream of Apple's event today can also be re-watched on the Apple Events website, and Apple will likely upload a version to YouTube in the near future.

Article Link: Apple Shares All of the Videos From Today's Services Event Introducing Apple News+, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and Apple Card

2. fokmik macrumors 68040

No wonder all of them tv+, game arcade coming in the fall....remember the ios apps that will merge to macOS?
    that is it

3. WBRacing macrumors 65816

WBRacing

4. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

Yep, that's how Apple makes mad dollas… YouTube subscribers. :confused:

5. Kobayagi macrumors 6502a

Kobayagi

Apple is trying really to lock it’s users into the ecosystem with all these subscriptions. I’m waiting for the moment when they announce a actual house to physically lock you in.

6. shanson27 macrumors 6502a

shanson27

The most bored show Apple ever made :mad:

7. WBRacing macrumors 65816

WBRacing

That's the problem with having almost no editing skills, junior school compared to your major league!

Your pointing that out, amuses me to notice that all 7 videos above are hosted by that awful, evil Google. :eek:

8. Unity451 macrumors regular

Unity451

Hats off to Steve Carell for making an otherwise awkward and uncomfortable Apple event bearable.

9. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

Anyone having trouble going to sleep I advise you to watch these vids

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

11. WBRacing macrumors 65816

WBRacing

Not that I particularly like the company, but there are options:
    https://www.curve.app/en-gb/metal

My glasses and wedding ring are titanium, it is a nice material.

12. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Am I wrong? Does this whole thing seems like a awful grouping of garbage for no reason? Nothing here sound like it is important to anyone.

13. iGeek2014 macrumors 68020

N26 also offer a Metal MasterCard Debit. Same price as Curve (£14.99/mo.)

14. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

It's a bad idea to have titanium rings. The reason is it may present problems if you ever need the ring removed in an emergency.

Suppose something causes a finger to swell (hit with something, bug bite, infection, etc.) such that you can't take the ring off. If it swells so much that you start to lose circulation, you need to go to the hospital. Most hospitals are equipped to easily cut off silver, gold, platinum, and stainless steel jewelry. Those are the most common by far, and pretty soft metals too. They usually don't have anything available that can cut titanium, which is a very hard material. It is brittle though, so I was told by an ER doc that the common method in an emergency is just to smash it with a hammer and hope it cracks. Usually it does without injury. Sometimes your bone cracks too. No fun.

15. alexhardaker macrumors regular

I don’t understand the negativity around today’s keynote.

16. Böhme417 macrumors 6502a

Other than the immediate wash of sadness at the beginning of the first video hearing the startup sound, it was a fun video.

17. smulji macrumors 6502a

The N
    The News+ app is the same type of app & it’s out today so that can’t be the reason. My reasoning is that content is not ready for TV+ & Arcade & Apple is giving creators time to get it ready

18. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

The television industry has long followed the Fall launch schedule. Apple is adhering to tradition.

19. smulji macrumors 6502a

Then why delay Apple Arcade until the Fall?

20. Chiisu, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

Chiisu macrumors member

Chiisu

Hmmm, the event hasn’t been shared in the AppleTV Events app yet?

Edited:
    Never mind, I just had to manually update the Events app. Never had to do that before for an apple app.

21. RowellE macrumors regular

RowellE

I need a video of that Sara Bareilles performance. That was quite magical! ❤️

22. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

I wasn’t aware that was an original WBRacing GIF! Cheers!

23. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

It’s clear that Apple Arcade was the service that was the least far along. It barely just leaked whereas we’ve known for years (TV and News) and months (Apple Card) that the other services were coming. This looked like a calling all developers announcement and now Apple has to get devs on board and figure out the pricing model that’ll bring the good ones into the service.

24. smulji macrumors 6502a

They announced 100+ games coming exclusively to Apple Arcade so they they must have quite a few on board. Plus, this is the first time Apple is directly financing creation of these games.

25. Classie macrumors regular

How can not more people appreciate that amazing intro video! Amazing!!