Apple Shares Full Video of Today's 'Gather Round' iPhone and Apple Watch Event

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2018 at 12:49 PM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's iPhone-centric event that saw the launch of new iPhone XS, XS Max, and iPhone XR models has officially wrapped up, and with the culmination of the event, Apple has posted the full video of the new product unveilings on its website.

For those who were avoiding news of the event because of being unable to watch the video due to work or school, the full event video will offer the chance to catch up on all of the announcements.

Apple will eventually publish the event video on its YouTube channel, but in the meantime, the company has shared several of the videos that were shown on stage, which we've included below.

We'll have plenty more coverage of the new iPhone and Apple Watch announcements today, including a video highlighting everything that was debuted, so make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors.com.

Article Link: Apple Shares Full Video of Today's 'Gather Round' iPhone and Apple Watch Event

2. realeric macrumors 65816

realeric

I appreciate for Mr. Cook. He has just killed Xs and Xs Max and preordering on Sep 14th. The only option for me is either ordering Xr on Oct 19th or keeping my 7 Plus. Thank you soooo much Greedy Cook !!!!

3. meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

Same round edges design with sticking out camera, brrr.

4. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

If YouTube allowed you to slow videos down by 333.3%, you'd have the entire Keynote in one condensed video.

5. m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

All this did was make me more excited about iOS 12 :apple: and the update / speed upgrade I’ll be getting to my current X. :D

6. Zachari, Sep 12, 2018 at 12:56 PM
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018 at 1:02 PM

Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

I am really sad they didn't add any new features to the iPhone. And no, color is not a feature no matter how many times Apple pretends it to be.

7. pete2106 macrumors regular

pete2106

So this year we’ve had the most boring WWDC conference ever and now a September event where we knew literally everything they were gonna announce.

Going well.

8. xxxda1xxx macrumors newbie

xxxda1xxx

i know right!!! well im also going to wait till xr on oct 19.. also my iphone 7 plus is still in good condition.. or ill switch to iphone x its $100 off

9. Niklas_nick macrumors regular

Niklas_nick

10. BreuerEditor macrumors regular

BreuerEditor

Being a video producer and motion graphic designer, that 108 second highlight was freakin' awesome!

11. freezelighter macrumors regular

freezelighter

So that portrait mode bokeh editing is limited to A12 Bionic? Why?
    I can do this perfectly and even much more professional on my iPhone X by using the Focos App :rolleyes:

12. gnomeisland macrumors 6502

Yeah, that should have just been the event.

13. ChrisMoBro macrumors regular

ChrisMoBro

Best. Comment. Ever.

14. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Looked like it was trying too hard to be hip IMO. Maybe I'm finally an old guy.

15. Sovon Halder macrumors 6502

Sovon Halder

Songs?

Can anyone please provide a link or list of songs they were playing 5-10 minutes before the event started?

16. ChrisMoBro macrumors regular

ChrisMoBro

When are they going to sort their s*** out and upgrade everyone’s iCloud storage? We spent so much money on their phones and their music streaming service etc and yet we get 5gb?

17. coolfactor macrumors 68040

So the "Gather Round" was clearly in reference to the round corners of the screen? But why the gold ring in the marketing? Interesting that it looks like a TouchID ring, yet that was eliminated in the latest phone updates.

18. haydn! macrumors 6502a

They did pretty much the same thing 2 years ago for the iPhone 7 launch.

19. Tonewheel macrumors 6502a

Rather underwhelmed with the videos this morning. Not up to par with their usual efforts.

20. Yojimbo007 macrumors 6502a

Yojimbo007

A bit of a slip up on the intro... Come on Apple

Did you notice the girl ( as most of us complain) found siri’s response inadiquate and ignored it. !

21. kylewilkinson53 macrumors newbie

Anyone notice in the 108 second video they included Group FaceTime a feature that was removed from iOS 12??

22. SteveW928 macrumors 65816

SteveW928

Yawn-fest from the notes about what was announced.
    Anything in there worth spending the time watching?

23. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

24. SteveW928 macrumors 65816

SteveW928

I don't so much care whether I know what they will announce or not... but it's more the disappointment with what is announced that is concerning me. Aside from the Watch (which is one of the least interesting products to me), it seems like they are further ruining the product line (phones), and failed to address their other product lines that are majorly in need of being addressed (which will hopefully come later in a press release, I suppose).

25. Yojimbo007 macrumors 6502a

Yojimbo007

First time he is being introduced to the R ?