Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new shot on iPhone video called "Everyday Experiments," which is designed to show off the photographic capabilities of the iPhone 12.

The video showcases water-filled balloons, liquid moving around, popsicles freezing, and more, before going into a tutorial on how to make "beautiful images with stuff you can find around the house."

Apple's tutorial teaches customers how to use water balloons and slo-mo to make slow motion animations and how to make psychedelic liquid formations using oil, water, and food coloring. There's also a tutorial on using glow sticks for night time shots.

iPhone 12 features showcase camera features that include slo-mo, Dolby Vision HDR recording, and Night Mode Time-Lapse, plus it highlights editing video in iMovie.

Apple has done several of these "Experiments" videos that take advantage of iPhone cameras in unique situations to get interesting photos, but this is the first that's included a tutorial for people to recreate the effects at home.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Everyday Experiments' Shot on iPhone 12 Video

robjulo

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2010
The power of boundless imagination and creativity.

The “boundless imagination and creativity“ that can’t even get SMS texting right. Glad your easily impressed, I just want all of my text messages to come through.

Comment

JosephAW

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2012
Okay Apple, now I want to make my cool slow motion video I recorded on my new 2020 iPhone 12 as my dynamic wallpaper, exactly how do I do that? :rolleyes:

Comment

citysnaps

macrumors 604
Oct 10, 2011
San Francisco
The “boundless imagination and creativity“ that can’t even get SMS texting right. Glad your easily impressed, I just want all of my text messages to come through.

Wow! I'm astonished and shaking my head with you believing the two individuals with boundless imagination and creativity who made the video are responsible for your SMS issue.

Next time, try and have a "think" before you take a reflexive swipe at Apple. It's really not that difficult.

I'm not shocked you fail to see the imagination and creativity involved.

Comment

rumr46556

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2019
WoW!!1 Amazing...!!!😀

The main focus is iPhone 12, which is the base model of iPhone lineup this year.

Looking forward to use iPhone 12 Pro Max to shoot more magnificent video experiments by Apple 👍

Reactions: PhillyGuy72
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.