Apple Shares New iPhone 7 Photography Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 19, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier this month, Apple launched a new "How to Shoot on iPhone 7" website and video series featuring short tutorials designed to help users take advantage of the camera features built into the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus.

As of yesterday, four new tutorial videos have been added to the site, including how to shoot a horizon, how to capture an intimate moment, how to convert to black and white, and how to shoot with zoom on the iPhone 7 Plus. All four can be watched on Apple's tutorial site, but the latter two are also available on YouTube.

Apple has 20 tutorial videos on its "How to Shoot on iPhone 7" website, and the company is slowly uploading each of the videos to YouTube. 13 of the 20 videos can be watched on Apple's YouTube channel. New YouTube additions include how to shoot a one-handed selfie and how to edit a selfie, two videos previously exclusively available on the tutorial site.

Apple's videos are designed to teach iPhone 7 and 7 Plus users how to use the iPhone camera to capture various kinds of photos, including panoramas, portraits, action shots, night shots, and more. Each of the videos is approximately 40 seconds in length and includes a clear step-by-step tutorial on how to use each feature.

Most of the videos are simple and straightforward, designed for people who don't often use the camera and haven't invested a lot of time in learning its features, but there are some neat tips and tricks that even more advanced users might find useful, like capturing a unique angle, shooting with a street light, capturing stills while filming, and more.

Article Link: Apple Shares New iPhone 7 Photography Tutorial Videos

2. Ted_Appleseed macrumors newbie

Ted_Appleseed

3. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

Hopefully next iPhone will have a wider front facing camera.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G4

Relentless Power

7 Plus owner here. Useful techniques for myself as a camera enthusiast who wants maximize the capabilities of the dual camera.

5. McFlyOz macrumors member

McFlyOz

These vids are nifty even for a person like me using a 6S+.

6. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

Watching the videos on my iPhone made me want to press the shutter button and when it ended with :apple: I thought my phone rebooted.

7. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Hopefully this will teach people how to better use their iPhone in low-light situations when making 'intimate' films.

8. meaning-matters, May 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017

meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

After 3 years, I'm still locking the iPhone instead of taking a picture. Ridiculous design all for the sake of ****ing Ive symmetry.

9. tchadrainwater macrumors newbie

10. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

iOS didn't even have the Volume-to-Shutter button idea for the camera until Camera+ by tap tap tap went around Apple's APIs and created their own to accomplish this, which caused Apple to remove the app from the app store in late 2010. Then Apple added an api for it in 2011 for iOS 5.

So we have to be fair to Ive here: He's only had 5 years of iPhone releases to fix this annoyance that first appeared 2 years after Apple got on board with the concept of allowing the volume button to act as a manual shutter button. How quickly do you expect him to fix design issues that shouldn't have ever been an issue to begin with? /s

11. teddybearstand macrumors regular

teddybearstand

Just if app animations were as smooth as they are depicted in the videos... perhaps iOS11 will be this smooth...

12. crofford macrumors newbie

crofford

I'd like to see a video of the one hand that can take a one handed selfie via those directions.

13. franswa za macrumors 6502a

franswa za

nice to see that most of the clips were shot in south africa. also shows south african flavours of people and spirit!

14. Justino_Asturias, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017

Justino_Asturias macrumors newbie

Justino_Asturias

Yeah I'm not at all happy with the selfie camera on my iPhone 7 plus. You would think Apple could get their **** together by now.

15. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

"This video will teach you how to use the all new zoom feature on your iPhone. Step 1: Press the zoom button. That's it for this video, see you next time!"

16. Avieshek, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017

Avieshek macrumors 6502

Avieshek

Why I've a feeling that the next highlighted feature of/as the next generation iPhone, would be, the first ever mobile device to capture 4K @60fps.

17. mrgraff, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017

mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

Really?

Ok, I had to twist my thumb a tiny bit to hit the camera-switcher button. But it was hardly a contortionist act. Using the volume button was the way I normally hold the phone.

18. Larry The L macrumors regular

Millions of people are quite happy to use the iPhone selfie. But either you don't know how to use your phone or you hate apple so much that, either way, you think apple need to get it together. I would submit that you need to get it together. Oh well.

19. Relentless Power macrumors G4

Relentless Power

If that's your opinion, then Apple makes some of the most quality "Toys" I have purchased and last longer over other competitors, which have benefited my user experience.

20. citysnaps macrumors 68020

Except Apple didn't say that. That's your narrative, not understanding the purpose of the video, using it as an opportunity to rag on Apple.

21. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

weird timing.
    why now?
    the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus are now at the end of the line.
    so not sure why they keep emphasising on them when the new model is out in 3 months.

22. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

I wish Apple would do something to stop this epidemic:

23. recoil80 macrumors 65816

It would help taking group selfies without using a stick, and even for a selfie including just the iPhone owner it would add more background to the picture. Many times you want to take a selfie with a beautiful sunset, or a monument behind you and you really need to put the phone as far as possible from your face.

They could add a second camera just like they did on the 7+
    The standard would have a wider angle allowing group shots, the second one would give you 2x if you want to take a pic only of your face and they could enable portrait mode on the front camera as well.

24. perwarg13 macrumors newbie

perwarg13

Nice. This would be very helpful for the others, esp. for those are begginers with iPhone.