MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

During its "Spring Loaded" event today, Apple shared a new trailer for season two of the popular comedy "Ted Lasso." In the trailer, it's confirmed that the new season will launch on Apple TV+ July 23.

Ted Lasso has garnered a huge amount of praise over the months since it launched last summer, including a Golden Globe for Jason Sudeikis in the titular role, and a Critics Choice award for best comedy series.

The show centers on a small-time college football coach from Kansas who is hired to coach a professional soccer team in England, despite having no experience coaching soccer. Apple has renewed the show through its third season.

Article Link: Apple Shares New Trailer for Second Season of 'Ted Lasso' Coming July 23

• Haha
Reactions: qoop

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
New season will launch on Apple TV+ July 23.

Can’t wait to watch this, plus I still have this free Apple trial.. oh wait it ends on July 1.

Well played Apple. lol
To think I had kept a cancel ATV+ trial reminder for June 29th. 😅

Ted Lasso is definitely worth the extra few months of subscription.

Reactions: doelcm82

Joniz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2017
Can’t wait to watch this, plus I still have this free Apple trial.. oh wait it ends on July 1.

Well played Apple. lol
To think I had kept a cancel ATV+ trial reminder for June 29th. 😅

Ted Lasso is definitely worth the extra few months of subscription.

I’m going to wait until all episodes are available, then subscribe for a month.

Did same with Netflix & HBO Max and we didn’t even use them for the month.

Reactions: Oblivious.Robot

mike1450

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
The 'show' grates from start to finish. Truly terrible. Perhaps it works for an American audience?
I can see that. The positivity and fish out of water nature of the show doesn’t always vibe with the snobbery and masochism. Y’all still burn coal for old times sake.

jbiggerovski

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2021
Chicago
I just keep looking at it, like is that just the angle?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.50.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.50.10 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 46

jbiggerovski

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2021
Chicago
Maybe its an max model? I would really be surprised if they used an unreleased iPhone due to the NDA's involved and that this is set to air before the usual announcement
That's what I was thinking! But I just couldn't stop referring back to that shot.

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
I can see that. The positivity and fish out of water nature of the show doesn’t always vibe with the snobbery and masochism. Y’all still burn coal for old times sake.
???

Everything I’ve seen clipwise etc about this show suggests it is truly awful. His voice could grate the hardest cheese.

• Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: derekamoss and qoop

TheStof

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2019
Is it just me, or did anyone notice the tiny notch in the iPhone Rebecca is holding? Maybe my eyes deceive me!
Screenshot from the presentation? I don't think they'd have her with an unannounced iPhone unless they are planning to reveal a new model before July 23rd, which I doubt. They usually announce in September. But maybe...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.