Apple Shares New Trailer for Upcoming 'Truth Be Told' TV Show

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new full length trailer for its upcoming series "Truth Be Told" starring Octavia Spencer and Aaron Paul.

Spencer, known for her former roles in movies like "The Shape of Water" and "Hidden Figures," plays podcaster Poppy Parnell who aims to reopen a murder case that she was involved in solving 18 years earlier, putting Warren Cave, played by Aaron Paul ("Breaking Bad"), behind bars.

Spencer's character is unsure if she made a mistake when she helped put Paul's character (Warren Cave) in prison, and with her podcast, she tries to discover the truth and determine whether Cave was wrongfully convicted.

"Truth Be Told" is based on the novel "Are You Sleeping" by Kathleen Barber, which has been described as a psychological thriller. Sarah Koenig, who created and produced "Serial," a podcast similar to the storyline in "Truth Be Told," consulted on the series.

Other stars in "Truth Be Told" include Lizzy Caplan ("Masters of Sex"), Ron Cephas Jones ("This Is Us"), Mekhi Phifer ("ER"), and Elizabeth Perkins ("Big").

"Truth Be Told" is one of the TV shows coming to Apple TV+ this year. It won't be available on November 1 when the service launches, but is set to debut on December 6.

Apple TV+ will be priced at $4.99 per month with a family of six able to watch for that price point, and Apple is also providing customers who purchase an Apple TV, Mac, iPad, or iPhone with a free one-year subscription.

Article Link: Apple Shares New Trailer for Upcoming 'Truth Be Told' TV Show

Reactions: matty.p

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
Irvine, CA
I have wondered how they have selected each of these series. Many of them don't appeal to me whatsoever. Whereas, Netflix has a good blend of things to pick from that they have produced.

"For all mankind" looks good, as does that "See" one. But these other ones... man, some actors should just remain supporting actors their whole career.

Baymowe335

macrumors 603
Oct 6, 2017
Apple TV+ is more compelling as they add content.

Apple has so much money, the content will only improve.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2011
This looks good. I hope these series have more seasons and episodes than shows like Big Little Lies. Having a season with only 6 or 7 episodes and then be done after 1 or 2 seasons is a ripoff.

yossi

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2004
Seems like this has been done so many times.

Let me guess, the wife did it?

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Apple TV‌+ will be priced at $4.99 per month...
"...in the US."

Please remember your international audience when stating prices. The rest of us are not second-class members of your community. :)

That said, this looks like a good show and one more reason to subscribe. I can't believe Apple is coming in at such a low price when Netflix has been raising prices because they are struggling.

fmcshan

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2019
USA
This show looks pretty good but apple’s shows that debut on November 1st have to be great or else the service will not grow at all.

newyorksole

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
This show looks pretty good but apple’s shows that debut on November 1st have to be great or else the service will not grow at all.
Maybe you can explain yourself because your post makes no sense to me. How will the service not grow? You realize how many products/shows/services aren’t amazing right out of the gate?

It’s possible for something to have a decent start and then explode in a positive way.

Jeez.

Reactions: Ar40

Ar40

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2017
Day one viewing for me. This is exactly the type of show I love and can't get enough of. I love Mysterious Crime Thrillers.

fmcshan

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2019
USA
Maybe you can explain yourself because your post makes no sense to me. How will the service not grow? You realize how many products/shows/services aren’t amazing right out of the gate?

It’s possible for something to have a decent start and then explode in a positive way.

Jeez.
I was just saying that Apple’s first set of shows that debut on November first need to be enticing in order to appeal to a wider range of audiences. If the shows/movies are good, more and more people will talk about them; hence, more subscribers to the service.