Apple Shares New Trailer for Upcoming TV Show 'Dickinson' Featuring Hailee Steinfeld's Original Song 'Afterlife'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new trailer for its upcoming TV show "Dickinson," which stars Hailee Steinfeld as poet Emily Dickinson.

The show will be one of the first available when Apple TV+ launches this fall, and the new trailer features "Afterlife," a new song Hailee Steinfeld wrote for the show and released today.

Apple previously released a teaser trailer for "Dickinson," but today's version is much longer and gives more insight into the show, which appears to be a drama with comedic elements.

"Dickinson" was one of Apple's first shows, with the company picking it up back in May 2018. Steinfeld, the show's star, is known for her roles in "True Grit," "Pitch Perfect 2," "Pitch Perfect 3," "Ender's Game," and coming of age film "Edge of Seventeen."

The series will also star Jane Krakowski ("30 Rock") as Dickinson's mother, Toby Huss ("Halt and Catch Fire") as Dickinson's father, and Anna Baryshnikov ("Manchester by the Sea") as Dickinson's sister.

"Dickinson" will be available when Apple TV+ launches on November 1. Apple TV+ will be priced at $4.99 per month and it will come with a one week free trial.

Article Link: Apple Shares New Trailer for Upcoming TV Show 'Dickinson' Featuring Hailee Steinfeld's Original Song 'Afterlife'

• Love
Reactions: 15ngcs1

rmoliv

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2017
B o r i n g.
Any chance they produce slasher movies/TV shows?
Sick of biopics and dramedies.

• Angry

rmoliv

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2017
I think they are staying away from anything adult themed. Which sucks, I want some killing, Game Of Thrones type stuff !
Yes that too. Or even something along the lines of The Handmaid’s Tale. But my favorite genre is horror.

minivini

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2011

Apple today shared a new trailer for its upcoming TV show "Dickinson," which stars Hailee Steinfeld as poet Emily Dickinson.

The show will be one of the first available when Apple TV+ launches this fall, and the new trailer features "Afterlife," a new song Hailee Steinfeld wrote for the show and released today.

Apple previously released a teaser trailer for "Dickinson," but today's version is much longer and gives more insight into the show, which appears to be a drama with comedic elements.

"Dickinson" was one of Apple's first shows, with the company picking it up back in May 2018. Steinfeld, the show's star, is known for her roles in "True Grit," "Pitch Perfect 2," "Pitch Perfect 3," "Ender's Game," and coming of age film "Edge of Seventeen."

The series will also star Jane Krakowski ("30 Rock") as Dickinson's mother, Toby Huss ("Halt and Catch Fire") as Dickinson's father, and Anna Baryshnikov ("Manchester by the Sea") as Dickinson's sister.

"Dickinson" will be available when Apple TV+ launches on November 1. Apple TV+ will be priced at $4.99 per month and it will come with a one week free trial.

Article Link: Apple Shares New Trailer for Upcoming TV Show 'Dickinson' Featuring Hailee Steinfeld's Original Song 'Afterlife'
aw man, I thought it was about Angie Dickinson. I’m out 😜

• Angry
Reactions: 15ngcs1 and Huck

ipedro

Suspended
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Yes that too. Or even something along the lines of The Handmaid’s Tale. But my favorite genre is horror.
Good news: Apple isn't banning rated R stuff. You can subscribe to channels for those types of shows or even buy them in the iTunes Store — Apple just isn't producing them. Look at Disney: they have a very large library of some really incredible movies, yet not a single one is rated R.

Ar40

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2017
Good news: Apple isn't banning rated R stuff. You can subscribe to channels for those types of shows or even buy them in the iTunes Store — Apple just isn't producing them. Look at Disney: they have a very large library of some really incredible movies, yet not a single one is rated R.
Actually, all but 2 of their originals are rated MA. That includes Morning Show, See, the M. Night Shyamalan show, and for all Mankind.

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
Disney owns Deadpool now so I’m curious where they’ll go with it.
The rumor that I read was rated R movies will still be placed on Hulu, so if you get the $12.99 bundle, there will still be plenty of adult content.

The cheaper $6.99 Disney+ service will not have any rated R though.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
This kind of thing?

Eh, that show looks dumb to me LOL I'll def watch but notgetting hopes up
- - Post merged: - -

THat would be great

Shows don't need violence to be suitable for adults. But it's still okay to say you just want a violent show.
Agreed. I love plenty of shows without violence. But I do love me some Game Of Thrones ! minus that last season...