Apple Shares New Videos Promoting Apple Pencil Support on 2018 iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 23, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple this afternoon shared several new iPad ads on its YouTube channel in the United Kingdom, all of which are designed to highlight the addition of Apple Pencil support to the low-cost tablet.

Each short video ranges in length from 12 seconds to 17 seconds and focuses on a different iPad and Apple Pencil feature or supported app. The Notes app is demonstrated in the first video, for example, while the drawing app Tayasui Sketches Pro is shown off in the second.

A third video highlights Apple Pencil integration in Keynote, a new feature that was announced alongside the debut of the new iPad, and the fourth video covers the Markup feature that can be used to edit screenshots, photos, images, and more.

All of these videos will likely be used both in TV spots and across social media sites, like Instagram. Apple has only shared these videos on the UK YouTube site so far, but they may shared in the U.S. at a later date.

Apple has already shared several tutorial-style videos to promote its new iPad with Apple Pencil integration, and it has been sharing the "Homework" ad that was first introduced at the March 27 event where the new tablet debuted.

Apple's latest 2018 iPad offers Apple Pencil support and a faster A10 processor at a price point of $329, making it Apple's most affordable tablet that works with the Apple Pencil.

Article Link: Apple Shares New Videos Promoting Apple Pencil Support on 2018 iPad

2. dirt_farmer macrumors regular

Apple is a vertically-integrated marketing company.

3. ThatMooWho macrumors newbie

ThatMooWho

The last two ads (with the iPad in landscape) have been on Apple Australia's YouTube channel for the last week. Only the top two are new ad spots.

4. ipedro, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Now that all iPads work with Pencil, Apple really needs to redesign the Notes app from scratch to work with Pencil. The current implementation is bolted on and it feels that way. Notes is a text app that has had a Pencil feature awkwardly added. It can be so much better.

5. mrr macrumors regular

Now let’s bring the Apple Pencil to the iPhone!

6. Millah macrumors 6502a

Yea, it can be better. There’s always improvements to be made. But I think Notes is actually pretty good right now. For a built-in app, it’s pretty powerful with all the improvements they’ve made over the last 2 years. It’s so much better than it was not long ago. I imagine they will continue that trend and improve Notes even more this year, especially with the larger focus on Apple Pencil + iPad.

7. ralpa macrumors member

My friend is showing off his Samsung Phone note app which can record voice memo and auto input words at the same time. And his phone isn't even a flagship phone, just a C9 pro or something like that

8. NamE_O macrumors member

NamE_O

The more I look at the 6th-gen iPad, the more I wonder just how great the next gen iPP will be. I hope it’ll be good enough to justify the price which is nearly twice as much as the 6th-gen iPad.

9. ralpa macrumors member

Very easy. No home button, faster cpu, louder speakers, bigger screen, waterproof, zero surprise

10. NamE_O macrumors member

NamE_O

Yeah, I figured that much. Waterproof is unlikely though. But unless Apple is planning to bring the price of iPP down, I don’t think that’s enough. There will almost certainly be no surprise, but I can still dream about it.

11. Michael Clarke macrumors member

Michael Clarke

iPad Mini says Hi

12. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

I will probably pick up one to replace my mom’s iPad 2. I might also get another pencil to test procreate on it to determine if I should even bother getting one myself.

Really wish the Mini would get pencil capabilities though.

13. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Mac mini says “welcome to the club”.