Apple Shares (RED) iPhone 8 Ad on YouTube

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 10, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today shared its first ad for the brand new (PRODUCT)RED edition iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus on its YouTube channel.

The 30-second video, set to the song "That's It (I'm Crazy)" by Sofi Tukker, provides a close up look at the glossy red finish and front black bezels, which was a highly requested design after Apple used white front bezels last year. The ad first appeared on Apple's homepage on Monday.

The new (RED) models became available to order earlier today, with the first deliveries and in-store availability at Apple Stores and select resellers slated to begin Friday, April 13 in the United States and several other countries.

Namely, other launch countries include Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.

Availability in Brazil, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and other regions will follow later in April, followed by Chile, Colombia, India, Israel, Turkey, and more regions in May.

The new color is part of Apple's 11-year partnership with (RED), founded in 2006 by U2 frontman Bono and activist Bobby Shriver. The brand and its licensed red-colored products helps to raise funds for The Global Fund, which helps people affected by HIV or AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria in eight African countries.

For each (RED) product sold, Apple makes a contribution to The Global Fund, raising over $160 million to date.

Article Link: Apple Shares (RED) iPhone 8 Ad on YouTube

2. pharris123 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 10, 2018 ---
    It looks cool and all, but who the hell would buy an iPhone halfway into the cycle, knowing that a NEW iPhone is just six months away?

3. Kognito macrumors regular

Kognito

Someone who needs a new phone and wants an iPhone? Or someone who quite likes red.

4. zahuh macrumors regular

5. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

How to ruin everyone's day with 7 little words.

1. I'm
    2. Too
    3. Sexy
    4. Right
    5. Said
    6. Fred

Now play video again. :eek::eek::p

6. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Literally tens of millions of people.

7. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

Love the video and Sofi Tukker.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 10, 2018 ---
    Those who can afford it. If I could and I liked red I would buy it even though I have an iPhone 8 Plus in Space Gray.

8. imicca macrumors regular

imicca

9. Kiro macrumors member

Kiro

10. Jsameds macrumors 68040

Loads of people. Now the launch hype has died down it's easier to find cheaper deals on the latest handsets, even if it does mean being six months out of sync.

11. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Smart people buy phones out of phase imo. Typically by the 6 month mark, most of the issues of the current model have been ironed out and/or all of the promised features have been delivered. There's also, as Jsameds mentioned, better deals on the phones. There's literally no advantage I can think of associated with being an early adopter.

This. So much this. Considering new phones tend to be iterations of the previous gen devices, it's not like anyone is getting an evolutionary leap in performance.

12. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Which is exactly why companies launch new color versions several months in - Apple, OnePlus, LG all have gone down this route.

13. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Actually these six words are excellent and accurate for someone who has an excellent physique and attractive as I am as people at my gym admire my superb physique:cool::cool::cool: and also for a beautiful item such as the red iPhone. So, no ruins could be caused by the words.:p:p

14. thekeyring macrumors 68040

Outside of this forum, loads of people. It’s how Apple sell millions of iPhones even in the summer before a refresh.

15. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Yeah I care much less about getting on launch day as I used to. In fact I just got the iPhone X a couple months ago (granted it was cause my phone broke). But I just feel like it doesn't matter as much as it used to. I dunno, maybe I've just changed

16. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

In another words, you mean consumers. There’s no definitive way to classify someone being ‘smart’ how they purchase a phone either based off contract or out right.

I see this comment made regularly on a tech forum, And there is no truth behind it. (Unless its software, in which the problem was identified and a patch is incoming.) Someone can purchase a launch day device and have absolutely zero issues with it and there is no way of classifying data of any issues phones within a six month time span to experience issues some other users Might be experiencing, or even one, two or three months for that matter. Anecdotally, I could the Make opposing argument that I purchased every launch day device with an Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone And never experienced problems That others may have had or not have any problems at all in XYZ amount of time.

Side Note: And for those issues that are reported on a tech forum that others might be experiencing with various products, it’s a small minority that doesn’t necessarily contribute to the other millions of individuals who never frequent a tech forum.

17. WBRacing macrumors 6502a

WBRacing

Must frustrate the hell out of some folks on this forum that these ads are usually posted on YouTube. The ones who swear blind on these pages that they will never go near the "uber evil" that is Google and their services,

I guess they will just never know what the adverts are like. :rolleyes:

18. PickUrPoison macrumors 68030

People buy iPhones throughout the year, not everyone is on the release cycle.

For fiscal 2017, the percentage of total iPhone units sold by quarter was: Q1 (Oct-Dec) 36%; Q2 (Jan-Mar) 23%; Q3 (Apr-Jun) 19%; and Q4 (Jul-Sep) 22%.

19. 19callum93 macrumors regular

19callum93

Oh... the other version of this song is called “*******”, it came up as a new released song on my Spotify today. I was like “ohhhhh this is the song on the new iPhone 8 ad!”... then noticed it was called “*******”. I was thinking hmmmm surprised Apple chose this song with a title like that.

20. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

In other words, I mean exactly what I stated. Nowhere did I claim anything as definitive. I expressly expressed an opinion. Which is why I included "imo". That was so no one would do what you did. Confuse my opinion with a declaration of fact.

What I stated is 100% true and can be 100% proven. Apple's most recent iOS products have been the HomePod, iPhone X, and AirPods. All three of those devices debuted with either some feature missing or some issue that had to be addressed. Both of those had to (still need to be, in the case of the HomePod and AirPlay2) be addressed by a software fix. It's ironic you want to exclude the software update from my argument when that was my entire argument. Apple has joined the club of release now and fix/complete later.

Whether or not you or some other person had no issue is immaterial. An individual not having an issue does not mean the issue doesn't exist. Anecdotally, my daughters' previous iPhone 6 & 6+ did not experience any battery issues. They didn't slow down, nor did they unexpectedly shut down. In no way, shape, or form is that evidence that the battery issue is not true.