Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I got the email! I’m going to put the numbers in Walmart Pay and finally be able to pay with Apple Pay at Walmart! LOL! I know... super exciting.

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
Not sure where the “only fanboy desire” syndrome is coming from.

I don’t buy everything Apple. I buy what I like from Apple. And I like this: superior interface for management with clear-cut and useful rewards.

I currently use a debit card by Simple (as close you can get to the Apple Card with debit, white card that’s “showy”, and superior interface) and a simple credit card with no rewards.

Apple Card will likely replace both for me.

There are definitely better cards out there for “pro credit card users.” But not with the integration and user interface. I’ve got no interest in those after trying a couple of them. Amazon Prime was pretty good in terms of rewards (but not the Chase interface), while IHG was a mess with rewards and ended up killing the flight miles program which was my main intent with it. So I had to cash it out to Amazon gift cards…

Yeah, I’ll take an Apple Card.
You make his point... "there are definitely better cards..." But I'll use this one. Oh, well...

glowplug

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2017
How to use Apple Card:
  1. Walk to nearest Apple Store
  2. Buy expensive things
  3. Like $1000 monitor stands

Morgenland

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2009
Europe
The main reason people are so excited about this card, is that it will be thought of as a status symbol. And, if you use the card with Apple Pay, how will anyone know that you have an Apple Card? Can we have Siri announce it? Loudly?! :rolleyes: :cool:
You probably thought about the iPhone the same way Steve Ballmer did.
[doublepost=1565175214][/doublepost]
The centurion card and visa black cards are status symbols. This card purely symbolizes apple lemmings.
hey packer... dark soul!

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
You probably thought about the iPhone the same way Steve Ballmer did.
[doublepost=1565175214][/doublepost]
hey packer... dark soul!
Why so serious? I mean, come on...you know this will be true for some. To me, that's funny.
But, I don't care. You're right. No matter what. You couldn't be more right.

hourglass111

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Ohio Valley
You make his point... "there are definitely better cards..." But I'll use this one. Oh, well...

No, I literally don't.

I make a full case that the Apple Card is better for me, if not best.

If those cards were better, guess what, I'd still use them. I don't want to deal with the crappy websites, the convoluted rewards programs, or the lack of ecosystem integration. F old-school credit cards, they are not better in multiple ways. THey're only better for "pro" users as I said, or perhaps only those who want to ride themselves upon high horses and soap boxes. FWIW I've heard Amex is great, but that's out of my vibe.

So instead, I'm going to replace multiple cards/accounts with Apple Card, pay it off like debit or use it strategically for other purchases, and live happily ever after.

Way to mistake a whole post to force your own point.

Reactions: Vasilioskn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.