Apple Shares Top Movies, TV Shows, Music, Podcasts and Books of 2017

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:17 AM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today published its annual lists featuring the most popular media content in the iTunes Store and iBooks Store in 2017, highlighting the best music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and books.

"The Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran was the top song of the year, while the top album was Drake's "More Life." Other hit albums included Kendrick Lamar's "DAMN," Taylor Swift's "Reputation," Ed Sheeran's "Divide," and "Starboy" from The Weeknd.

[​IMG]

Top movies in 2017 included "Moana," "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," "Wonder Woman," "Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2," and "Sing."

The Top TV shows were "Game of Thrones," "The Walking Dead," "The Big Bang Theory," "The Americans," and "Rick and Morty."

NPR's "Fresh Air" was the most downloaded podcast, followed by "The Joe Rogan EXperience" and "Stuff You Should Know."

The best selling fiction book of the year was "Camino Island: by John Grisham, followed by "The Handmade's Tale" by Margaret Atwood and "Origin" by Dan Brown. "Hillbilly Elegy" was the number one nonfiction book, followed by "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson and "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil de Grasse Tyson.

Full top lists for movies, TV shows, books, music, and podcasts can be found in Apple Music, the iTunes Store and the iBooks Store.

Article Link: Apple Shares Top Movies, TV Shows, Music, Podcasts and Books of 2017

2. brandscill macrumors 6502

Shame they're not doing a 2017 wrapped like Spotify with Apple Music.

3. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

Yes, I'm also astonished Apple is mostly relying on ads and commercials. Media currently is flooded with Spotify 2017 reviews, even though content is not providing a lot of surprising value (Ed Sheeran....).

4. thisisnotmyname macrumors 65816

thisisnotmyname

are these all by popularity rather than curated?

5. extrachrispy macrumors regular

extrachrispy

They have to be. There are few, if any, songs that came out in 2017 that are more poignant than Willie Nelson's, "Old Timer":

One by one, your friends have crossed over
    You pray for mercy and a few more days
    Still got dreams inside your head
    Some days it's a struggle just to get out of bed​

Were that not enough, "He Won't Ever Be Gone," in tribute to his friend Merle Haggard:

Got the news this morning
    Knew it'd be a tough day
    Some are so much larger than life
    Hard to believe they could pass away​

The whole album (God's Problem Child) is spectacular, Willie's sixteenth #1 country album, and his FIFTIETH top ten album.

Yeah, I'm a fanboy. I admit it. I even wore Willie braids (with my own hair) to the Fourth of July picnic concert this year.