Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new trailer for the second season of Apple TV+ show "Dickinson," which is set to premiere on Friday, January 8.

In "Dickinson," Hailee Steinfeld plays famous American poet Emily Dickinson and the show uses humor to explore the constraints of society, gender, and family from Dickinson's perspective.

The second season will see Dickinson pulled from her quiet literary life and thrust into the public eye as she gets her work published.

"Dickinson" was one of the first Apple TV+ shows to premiere, launching when the service first debuted. It will also be one of the first shows to get a second season, and it's already been renewed for a third season.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for 'Dickinson' Season 2 Ahead of January 8 Launch

imnotthewalrus

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2015
earth
I will watch to see where it goes. The modern music and dialogue against an older time period was interesting, although I was sort of on the fence on a couple of the episodes. I am glad to see AppleTV+ continuing to add new content. Watched the Springsteen doc last night and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, as I’m not a major fan.

Nicky G

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2002
Baltimore
I really love this show. I grew up in Amherst and the surrounding area, obviously aware of Dickinson. Her family's house was actually pretty close to ours, and I would walk by it all the time. I probably smoked my first cigarette (I have quit!) within feet of her family's graves (the ones in the main Amherst cemetery). But nothing actually made me pay too much interest to her and her poetry until this show. Of course I've bought her complete poems now, and can't wait for the end of the pandemic so when I'm next home visiting the fam I can tour the house. I understand the recreation on the show is very very good (certainly from the outside it is).

Rochy Bay

Suspended
Apr 5, 2016
Cupertino, CA

Apple today shared a new trailer for the second season of Apple TV+ show "Dickinson," which is set to premiere on Friday, January 8.

In "Dickinson," Hailee Steinfeld plays famous American poet Emily Dickinson and the show uses humor to explore the constraints of society, gender, and family from Dickinson's perspective.

The second season will see Dickinson pulled from her quiet literary life and thrust into the public eye as she gets her work published.

"Dickinson" was one of the first Apple TV+ shows to premiere, launching when the service first debuted. It will also be one of the first shows to get a second season, and it's already been renewed for a third season.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for 'Dickinson' Season 2 Ahead of January 8 Launch
Completely out of touch. I do however recommend the new Selena series on Netflix!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.