Apple Shares Trailer for Short-Form Sports Docuseries 'Greatness Code'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a trailer for "Greatness Code," a short-form sports docuseries that features stories from athletes like LeBron James, Tom Brady, Shaun White, Usain Bolt, and more.

The season features seven mini episodes, each examining a pivotal moment that defined an athlete's career. Episodes highlight the following athletes:
  • Four-time NBA MVP, three-time NBA champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist LeBron James
  • Six-time Super Bowl champion and four-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady
  • Olympic gold medalist and co-captain of the US Women's National Soccer Team Alex Morgan
  • Record-holding Olympic gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White
  • World's fastest man and eight-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt
  • Five-time Olympic gold medalist and 15-time world champion swimmer Katie Ledecky
  • 11-time world champion surfer Kelly Slater
"Greatness Code" will premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, July 10, which is also the premiere date for "Little Voice" and WWII film "Greyhound," starring Tom Hanks.

Apple TV+ provides original movies and TV shows for $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year, plus there's a free year of service for those who have recently purchased an Apple device. For those who don't qualify for the free year, Apple offers a one-week free trial. The easiest way to get started with ‌Apple TV‌+‌ is to click or tap the button below to sign up for a free one-week trial, and then enter your information to confirm and activate your account.

You can also check out our step-by-step instructions for getting up and running from various devices.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for Short-Form Sports Docuseries 'Greatness Code'

Ar40

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2017
This looks excellent! I have been waiting for this trailer since it was announced. I'm not disappointed by the look at all. This will be a nice July 10 addition on top of Greyhound. Little Voice isn't targeting my demo, so I don't expect to check that out.

Reactions: infinitejest

Websnapx2

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Very American focused, but looking forward to seeing these and hopefully future (non-American based) to learn more about athletes we may know less about.

4jasontv

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2011
looks great but I can't wait to read why most of you guys already hate it and call it trash before it's even released
K. I hate it because there is clearly not going to be enough episodes per season. How do you have a sports show called the Greatness Code without The Great One?

Reactions: infinitejest

4jasontv

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2011
Yes. I do wish Gretzky got an episode. I'm looking forward to one on Lemieux as well.
So many amazing athletes still alive to share. Jordan, Willams, Papi, Schumacher, Hamm, Jeter, Tendulkar, Jean Driscoll, and Phelps. Not in any order other than what popped into my head.

Edit: now I need to go listen to some Jon Bois.

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
I can't get excited about ANYTHING Apple has announced as an Apple TV exclussive. It's like Amazon's worst left over development projects got produced by the Jay Leno (offend no one) crowd. Creativity does not like board room decisions.

Ar40

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2017
I can't get excited about ANYTHING Apple has announced as an Apple TV exclussive. It's like Amazon's worst left over development projects got produced by the Jay Leno (offend no one) crowd. Creativity does not like board room decisions.
What? Almost every show Apple has put out already is way more creative than any of the also-ran drivel on the other streaming services. Netflix is the same thing regurgitated over and over again. Apple's shows have been absolutely unique. For All Mankind, See, Dickinson, Home Before Dark, and Servant have no parallels on any other network.

Also, they have been buying up these series after they are already pitched and ready to go. The Morning Show and Central Park were not developed by the "Apple board room" any more than HBO shows are developed by the "Warner Brothers board room."

Further, why do you assume that Apple makes the "board room decisions" on these shows when Apple has its own independent executive team headed by Van Amburg and Erlicht, along with Carmi Zlotnik (from Starz) and Richard Plepler (ex HBO guy) as producers?

The "offend no one" thing is actually accurate IMO, but that's one of the top selling points of TV+ for me. When most of Television is trying to put out "big messages" and "important content" to "meet the times" and "speak truth to power." I'll take good old fashioned "offend no one" entertainment.

Reactions: lunarworks
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.