Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Apple TV+ Show 'Defending Jacob'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared the first trailer for "Defending Jacob," an upcoming Apple TV+ show focusing on a murder where a district attorney's son is arrested as the main suspect.

In this gripping, character-driven thriller, a shocking crime rocks a small Massachusetts town and one family in particular, forcing an assistant district attorney to choose between his sworn duty to uphold justice and his unconditional love for his son.
"Defending Jacob" is based on the novel of the same name written by William Landay. It stars Chris Evans, best known for his starring role in the "Captain America," films and Michelle Dockery, known for "Downton Abbey."

Jaeden Martell ("Knives Out" and "It Chapter Two"), J.K Simmons ("Oz" and "Counterpart") and Cherry Jones ("Signs") also have roles in the show.

"Defending Jacob" is set to premiere on Apple TV+ on April 24.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Apple TV+ Show 'Defending Jacob'

adamjackson

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
Looks like a fantastic show. the per episode costs are insane when you just factor in the cast.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

sully54

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Canada
This looks pretty good.

it seems apple is picking up projects that wouldn't have a chance on the platforms. i'm just trying to picture this on something like netflix. maybe prime, but definitely not netflix.

• Love

Duel

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
The banker is kind of content Apple needs with their service to get more name and knowledge. Too bad they didn’t get it into cinema because it would have been worth for sure.

• Love

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
Looking forward to some more content. Amazing Stories isn't doing it for me right now.
Felt the same way. The first episode was good, but then I couldn’t get into the last two episodes.

This show looks pretty good. Hopefully it lives up to the trailer.

bryce.wilson93

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2015
This looks amazing! Chris Evans is an amazing actor. Definitely will be looking to watch this as soon as it’s dropped.

• Love

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
I plan on watching this just for Michelle Dockery. She did an incredible job with her character in "Good Behavior".

• Love

Ar40

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2017
This looks superb! I love crime thrillers/dramas, and am ready for Apple's first solid entry in that genre after Truth be Told failed me. Between this and Home Before Dark, April is going to be a good TV+ month.
- - Post merged: - -

Eh. Right now I’m wishing they would release things that are a little more “fun.”
Episode 3 of Amazing Stories is fun. Enjoy.

cmaier

macrumors P6
Jul 25, 2007
California
This looks superb! I love crime thrillers/dramas, and am ready for Apple's first solid entry in that genre after Truth be Told failed me. Between this and Home Before Dark, April is going to be a good TV+ month.
- - Post merged: - -

Episode 3 of Amazing Stories is fun. Enjoy.
Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll take a look. Haven’t watched any of it because of the meh reviews, and not much free time.

Ar40

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll take a look. Haven’t watched any of it because of the meh reviews, and not much free time.
The third episode is the best one, IMO. Runner up is the first episode - which is not fun, but more moving. Second episode was meh, but still emotional. Definitely don't start with episode 2.

Reactions: Jxdawg

Jxdawg

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2019
The third episode is the best one, IMO. Runner up is the first episode - which is not fun, but more moving. Second episode was meh, but still emotional. Definitely don't start with episode 2.
I liked the first episode and thought the series had potential. The second episode almost turned me off from Amazing Stories. Third was decent but not as good as the first. Hopefully, episode four will set the bar even higher.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.