Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Apple TV+ Show 'Little Voice'

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple TV+ show "Little Voice" is set to be released on Friday, July 10, and ahead of its debut, Apple has shared the full trailer for the series.

"Little Voice" is a coming of age drama created by J.J. Abrams, Sara Bareilles, and Jessie Nelson, and it uses original music from Bareilles.
A love letter to the diverse musicality of New York starring Brittany O'Grady, Sean Teale, Colton Ryan, Shalini Bathina, Kevin Valdez, Phillip Johnson Richardson and Chuck Cooper, "Little Voice" follows Bess King, a uniquely talented performer struggling to fulfill her dreams while navigating rejection, love, and complicated family issues. Featuring original music by Grammy and Tony Award nominee, Sara Bareilles, this is a story about finding your authentic voice--and the courage to use it.
"Little Voice" shares its July 10 premiere date with "Greyhound," a highly anticipated WWII movie that stars Tom Hanks as a naval officer given command of Navy destroyer Greyhound in the Battle of the Atlantic.

Apple TV+ is priced at $4.99 per month, a price tag that provides access for the whole family. Many people have free Apple TV+ access that came with the purchase of an Apple device, but for those above, the button can be used for a free one week trial.

Apple TV+ can be accessed through the TV app on the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac, select Samsung and LG smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices, as well as online at tv.apple.com. A list of all of the TV shows and movies on the service can be found in our guide.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for Upcoming Apple TV+ Show 'Little Voice'

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
tv+ has grown at a pace faster than I’ve been able to keep up with. At just over 6 months, it has a library of titles that easily justifies the $4.99/monthly price. It’s not only grown in size but has also added variety in a way that most users’ tastes are covered. And there is still a growing list of anticipated upcoming shows like Foundation. It’s pretty impressive that Apple has managed to build a service like this from the ground up in such a short span.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
This looks better than the earlier teaser trailer made it look.

Looks like a female empowerment show, and looks like it has some emotional resonance. Obviously, not my type of show, as neither of those features appeal to me, which is probably why Apple is also releasing Greyhound and the sports-doc Greatness Code on the same day as this. Smart to schedule releases so there's something for male and female market segments.

Reactions: fbr$

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
tv+ has grown at a pace faster than I’ve been able to keep up with. At just over 6 months, it has a library of titles that easily justifies the $4.99/monthly price. It’s not only grown in size but has also added variety in a way that most users’ tastes are covered. And there is still a growing list of anticipated upcoming shows like Foundation. It’s pretty impressive that Apple has managed to build a service like this from the ground up in such a short span.
Apple TV+ needs to become more confident of its small but growing and higher overall quality contents.

When you launch the TV app (whether from tvOS, iPadOS, tvOS, macOS, various TV platforms), finding and getting to Apple TV+ channel is a tedious affair.

The experience improves when you get to it, but it's hard to figure out when the next episode streams. And it shows only a tiny fraction of contents in development.

When I click "+ ADD" button on a series or movie, it should tell me roughly when the next episode may air, to give the impression of filling my calendar with contents.

Reactions: Jxdawg

Jxdawg

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2019
I think I view this the way I viewed The Morning Show, which ended up being one of my favorite TV shows of 2019 regardless of my initial skepticism. I guess I’ll keep an open mind.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

jjhny

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
Presumably this has a relationship to the classic British movie 'Little Voice' about a reclusive working-class woman who overcomes personal and family issues by singing? If not, it sounds like an astonishing rip-off.

Exactly this - "Little Voice" was a really good UK movie. But it has to be repurposed for revolutionary times comrade! /sarc

Reactions: Johnny907

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Exactly this - "Little Voice" was a really good UK movie. But it has to be repurposed for revolutionary times comrade! /sarc
Nothing about Apple TV+ is related to "revolutionary times" or "comrade, aka Communism."

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
When you launch the TV app (whether from tvOS, iPadOS, tvOS, macOS, various TV platforms), finding and getting to Apple TV+ channel is a tedious affair.

I think it's because you're probably used to the traditional model of television where you go to a specific channel to find a certain show. The tv app gathers all of your shows in one place, regardless of what "channel" they're on. The app is designed around your shows, with the concept of channels being secondary.

I added my shows to my Up Next list and they're always up there at the very top and update whenever there's a new episode. I rarely scroll down in the TV app. It's easy to follow my shows across all my Apple devices.

Reactions: PetuniaCat

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
I think it's because you're probably used to the traditional model of television where you go to a specific channel to find a certain show. The tv app gathers all of your shows in one place, regardless of what "channel" they're on. The app is designed around your shows, with the concept of channels being secondary.

I added my shows to my Up Next list and they're always up there at the very top and update whenever there's a new episode. I rarely scroll down in the TV app. It's easy to follow my shows across all my Apple devices.
The problem with Up Next is that it's very cluttered as I use several Connected Apps (e.g., Amazon Prime Video, Disney+).

I want a quick access to a consistently placed Apple TV+ channel button, where I can browse new contents filtered only to Apple TV+.

damphoose

macrumors regular
May 12, 2014

I think that makes it harder to find what is new. That is why there are so many recommendations apps popping up. Because the more streaming platforms are released the harder it is for each one to tell you about new content. If streaming platforms (including Apple TV+) need massive advertising budgets to breakthrough the noise every time they have a new show it is going to severely limit what type of shows they can make. Netflix worked for so many years because they were the biggist. So browsing Netflix was worth your time because you were sure to find something.
[automerge]1593064162[/automerge]
I want a quick access to a consistently placed Apple TV+ channel button, where I can browse new contents filtered only to Apple TV+.

open app. Click “watch now”. scroll 2 inches. see section that say “channels”. The first app in said section is Apple TV+.
I tried it on various devices and the longest it took (mac) was 3 seconds. Phone and iPad under 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: PetuniaCat

Johnny907

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2014
Listing out why and how broke you are while displaying a diverse and expensive wardrobe in one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in makes me not feel any sort of empathy for the main character. I know what broke looks like, it does not look look like whatever this is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.