Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Shares Trailers for Next Week's Carpool Karaoke as Tonight's Episodes Air

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As two new episodes of "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" air tonight, Apple has shared trailers for next week's episodes, which will pair Michael Strahan with Jeff Gordon and Shaquille O'Neal with John Cena.

The first trailer features media personality and former football player Michael Strahan and Fox NASCAR announcer and former professional race car driver Jeff Gordon. The two dress up with props, race on bicycle rickshaws, and sing along to songs like Olivia Newton-John's "Physical."

The second trailer pairs former basketball player Shaquille O'Neal with wrestler John Cena. The two athletes sing songs like "Maneater" by Hall & Oates and "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J.

The episodes shown off in the trailer featuring the two athlete mashups will air on Tuesday, September 5.

Tonight's Tonight's "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" episodes are now available to watch. The first episode stars Miley Cyrus, her dad Billy Ray, her sister Noah, her mom Tish, her brother Braison, her sister Brandy, and her brother Trace. The second episode Queen stars Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith with appearances by Regina Hall and Tiffany Haddish.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series" debuted on August 8. Since then, Apple has been uploading two episodes per week. Carpool Karaoke is available solely to Apple Music subscribers.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailers for Next Week's Carpool Karaoke as Tonight's Episodes Air

Taj Armstrong

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2015
Did anyone else go to this because the Safari notification said "Apple Shares Trailers for Next Week's Car"?

Last edited:

jw2002

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
These carpool karaoke stories have been incredibly negatively received here. At least this time this one didn't end up as a front page story on Mac Rumors. I guess that is progress.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
You guys have to understand that MacRumors makes more ad-revenue when all of us come here to comment about how much we can't stand this type of content.

But to that one MR editor that has a soul somewhere in his being. Please make it stop.

BruceEBonus

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2007
Derbyshire, England
Please. No. More. Distractions.

Be What You Set Out To Be.

Market Leading. Trend Setting. Life Changing.

This dross is how far things have come.

And worryingly there's fewer and fewer people who know this as the user base gets younger yet still associate the Apple brand with its original legacy.

Win win for Apple! Where's my credit card?

Pakaku

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2009
I have enjoyed the series so far, and I can get why there's actors (that are usually musically trained), but what the hell does athletes and racing announcers have to do with music?
Pandering to as many people as possible, by bringing in as many different kinds of celebrities as possible.

Reactions: BruceEBonus

MachCrit

Suspended
Jun 5, 2017
Lurking About the Planet

As two new episodes of "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" air tonight, Apple has shared trailers for next week's episodes, which will pair Michael Strahan with Jeff Gordon and Shaquille O'Neal with John Cena.

The first trailer features media personality and former football player Michael Strahan and Fox NASCAR announcer and former professional race car driver Jeff Gordon. The two dress up with props, race on bicycle rickshaws, and sing along to songs like Olivia Newton-John's "Physical."

The second trailer pairs former basketball player Shaquille O'Neal with wrestler John Cena. The two athletes sing songs like "Maneater" by Hall & Oates and "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J.

The episodes shown off in the trailer featuring the two athlete mashups will air on Tuesday, September 5.

Tonight's Tonight's "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" episodes are now available to watch. The first episode stars Miley Cyrus, her dad Billy Ray, her sister Noah, her mom Tish, her brother Braison, her sister Brandy, and her brother Trace. The second episode Queen stars Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith with appearances by Regina Hall and Tiffany Haddish.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series" debuted on August 8. Since then, Apple has been uploading two episodes per week. Carpool Karaoke is available solely to Apple Music subscribers.

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailers for Next Week's Carpool Karaoke as Tonight's Episodes Air

This sounds universally horrible. I guess Apple has embraced today's cartoon culture, selling useless media to mindless people.

I'm going to invoke the "Steve Jobs would never have allowed this rule..."

Jmausmuc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2014
I can’t believe the hype about this.
I watched for 5 minutes and had to turn it off. What’s going on??

Defthand

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Apple used to be a trendsetter, not a trend follower. Marketing original ideas—even if most weren’t their own—is what gave Apple street cred. “Think different.” That was their motto. Now they want to stay relevant by association. Pathetic. If they haven’t jumped the shark with this venture, they will soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.