Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christianholm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Hi Guys!

I am stuck with a Windows computer, and am desperatly trying to find out how to do a screencapture.

I am familiar with both alt/shift + prtScreen, but if there is someway to size a screencapture without having to go through Paint or similar, pleeeeaaase share the secret with me :)

THANKS IN ADV!

Christian

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Unfortunately, you need to use a 3rd-party utility to do this without having to go through Paint on Windows. :( I am also stuck on a Windows machine at the moment, and though I don't do screen captures often, I understand your frustration.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Hi Guys!

I am stuck with a Windows computer, and am desperatly trying to find out how to do a screencapture.

I am familiar with both alt/shift + prtScreen, but if there is someway to size a screencapture without having to go through Paint or similar, pleeeeaaase share the secret with me :)

THANKS IN ADV!

Christian

Nope, Windows requires a 3rd party utility to do that.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I always use The Gimp, freeware that works on Windows (as well as Macs and Linux). It will capture a window plus it is a very well featured graphics editor so you can trim, draw, add nomenclature, and save in the format of your choice, all in one program.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I do a Print Screen then paste into Powerpoint, trim off what I dont want, then copy and paste into where ever I want it. Takes about 5 minutes, job done!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.