Apple Shipments of iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

So does anyone know how Apple usually ships phones on release day, only because I will not be home until around 11:00 am and I do not want to miss the Fed X guy or do they use someone else.

I pre-ordered thru BestBuy last year, but I am thinking of ordering from Apple this year. How has it worked in the past

2. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

I don't have first-hand experience but i do believe it's FedEx. After reading around on here for a while it seems that is who does Apple's shipping.

3. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

THat is gonna be up to FeDex in your area, not apple, you could leave a note on your door telling the FeDex guy to leave the box there for you...

4. Krayd2k macrumors member

Wat time does your fed ex or ups usually show up?because that's the time u will get your phone ship

5. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I'll be in the same situation. They usually come around the same time to the same location in my experience. If you do miss them sometimes you can call the local hub and they can meet up with you or just get it at the end of the shift. about 5-6 for me. You can always track it once it gets going and see where it is.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Everything I've ordered from Apple has been delivered FedEx, including my iMac, iPods and most recently, my iPad, which had a 'before 10:30' delivery service, signature required. I filled in the form and hung it on the door so no one needed to be home to sign for it.

7. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

FedEx. Last year, the Apple website allowed the ability to indicate whether packages can be left without signature.

8. cu2010 macrumors 6502

Depends on where you live... usually between 10am and 4pm in my area. I hope my doorman won't feel compelled to steal haha

9. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

For everyone having a problem that they might not be home when their phone is delivered, if you go into your account on apple.com and view your purchase history, in this case the iphone 4, there is a form you can print off and sign basically telling FEDEX you take full responsibility to leave the box on your doorstep. It will have the same invoice number etc as the one that the FEDEX man will deliver. Tape it to your door, (if you dare) , and FEDEX will leave the package at your doorstep. Hope this helps!

10. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's FedEx or UPS. They leave it at my door half the time -- even if I'm suppose to sign. If you miss them and they don't leave it they will put a door tag on your door knob. You can call up and arrange to p/u up the package later that day.

12. aluren macrumors 65816

Yeah I'm thinking about ordering shipped and then picking it up later that day at the Fedex or ups... But it is possible that I can call them to just not deliver it and leave it at their office for me to pick up? I don't want to have to wait for their truck to come back....

13. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I've seen Apple use both FedEx and UPS. I am hoping the iPhone will be FedEx. I like their tracking and service better.

14. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Your iPad was UPS.

15. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Did you get an iPad?

16. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Yes, FedEx the whole way from China.

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

My 3GS came around 9:30-10:00 in the morning last year.

18. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I could have sworn my 3GS was UPS.

EDIT: Just checked my order confirmation from my 3GS delivery last year on launch day and it was UPS for me.

19. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

All of the Apple products I have ever bought have been delivered by FedEx

20. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

My macbook pro I bought in April after the refresh came by Fex EX and it came out of China. Then to Alaska, Then California, then to me in Washington State :)

21. seenett macrumors regular

Yes you can. AS SOON as you get the tracking number, call the carrier (FedEx or UPS) and ask them to hold it at their local facility for you to pick up. You will need ID when you show up there.

22. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

3GS preorder... mine came UPS all the way from china... they used both fedex and UPS for the preorders...

23. iadam09 macrumors regular

At the office we usually get UPS at around 10-12pm, we only get UPS if someone sends us an airbill. Soo hopefully it's UPS because I don't get in until 10 even though I am considering going in an hour early...

24. Built macrumors 68020

I agree. I am hoping for Fedex.

Besides my local UPS driver is the WORST.