Apple shipped me the wrong macbook.... UGH!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bedrock22, Apr 30, 2008.

1. bedrock22 macrumors member

So a few days ago I ordered a refurbished 2.6 15" macbook pro... but when I opened the box today it was, in fact, a 2.4 ghz model. I already got off the phone with Apple and its going back via fedex later today...

has this ever happened to anyone? I'm stewing in anger over this mixup -- how hard is it to put the RIGHT model in the effing box? even the packaging slip said 2.6 ghz.... Is there any particular email I can write to and file a complaint? Now I'm backed up because I have to wait for this thing to ship back, and wait fro my replacement to ship...

I expected better from apple, especially since its shipping from the guys up in northern california, not from China....

This is SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i would just try to relax and accept the fact that mistakes happen. apple will replace your system, and all will be fine. it is a pretty big inconvenience, i know, but is it really all that big a deal?

3. bedrock22 thread starter macrumors member

I know, and you're right... and in a few hours, it wont be AS big a deal as it is now....

my point remains, this is such a needless error... I was going to use the machine for work, and now I'm set back at least a week while I wait for apple to quietly replace my machine... tech flaws I can understand... but shipping me the wrong machine just plain seems LAZY. I'm sorry, this sort of thing really shouldnt happen...

4. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I've seen this happen in the past to other members, but it always seems to be refurbs.

Usually, Apple sends a *better* model than the one that was ordered, or throws in extra RAM or a larger hard drive.

But as the first reply says, mistakes happen - you'll get what you paid for. If you talk to a nice sales person on the phone, maybe you can even get something extra for your trouble, like some memory or iLife or something. It's worth asking.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They'd be very willing to give him that...:D

6. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I meant a family pack.

:eek:

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

What makes you think Apples special & different from any other company?,they all employ humans who make mistakes

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

exactly, and its not like it says on the front of the machine "2.4ghz 15" "

its just a matter of it accidently getting stuck in a wrong stack and no one noticing because its not OBVIOUS, it would be completely different if it was blindingly obvious that it was wrong, but its not SO CHILL

this is exactly why i think everyone should be forced to work in either customer service or retail for a year before they are 21, then maybe the world would be a better place

9. bedrock22 thread starter macrumors member

i worked in retail customer service for 6 years, 3 in computer sales, fancy pants. what were you saying?

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

then how can you possibly be so pissed about what happened?

im sorry, you must be perfect:p

11. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I've heard of people getting better machines, but not the other way around. I'm sure Apple will ship out your 2.6GHz using a better method of shipping, and they might throw in a RAM or HD upgrade. Sorry about your troubles, but looks like Apple is fixing it for you!

Good luck. :)

12. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

If you got sent a toilet roll holder then you would have been pissed,surely you must know mistakes happen no matter who it's from or what it is

13. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

And I'll bet you never once made a mistake or had a bad day. Good for you.

It does suck, but it happens. Nothing you can do about it now, and anger will only raise your blood pressure.

14. bedrock22 thread starter macrumors member

hah, come to think of it, im pretty sure I got out of that business because of people like me.

we were small-time.... we made mistakes, but mostly because we weren't really equipped to handle some jobs. i just figured apple had this down to a T... i figured they've got a huge operation of computers that know exactly where particular machines are stored and where they're going, and that a tiny mistake like this wouldnt really happen.

anyway, I'm feeling better. who knows, maybe I'll get a free ilife. at least i can continue my Battlestar Galactica marathon uninterrupted now... :cool:

15. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

As long as Apple will ship the right one next time you'll be set.

16. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

apple is not like an alien corporation with a high tech warehouse. It's probably just an average echo-ey (?) warehouse with fluorescent lighting and bored people in it quietly picking a mbp and placing it into a box.

17. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I agree with the others that you should take this as an opportunity to relax.

However, having said that, your best bet for compensation is to call the corporate office at 408.996.1010.

Ask for corporate customer relations.

Believe me, they'll give you something.

If they haven't offered anything, explain that you are looking for a "gesture of goodwill" so that you can continue being a loyal customer. Those are keywords they use.